Product Review: OCDAY DP6 180w 16A Battery Charger

Tony

Staff member
For a limited time, save $10 on this charger by using the coupon code N5769TVS at checkout!

Battmann

Tony,
do you know , (or find out), if this charger can collect & download data logging during charge/discharge to a PC for use with Logview etc.?
Most chargers do now, and since the DP6 has the USB port, i assume it will also...but need confirmation !

Tony

Staff member
I have been in contact with the manufacturer for the DP6 charger, and the USB port is only for updates, which have not come. So according to them, there is no way to datalog with this charger. I know some may want it, but after a few times of using it, it's never used again. But I also must say, I have not tried to connect it up and try it out. For one, I can't seem to find my old disks that have the logging program on them. I think I tossed them in teh trash lmao.

Battmann

OK thanks Tony,
There are data logging software progs available online (EG Logview) but if the charger doesn't have the data capture programme installed already, I guess it's a non starter...unless you are a programming guru !
If nothing else, data logging is good for getting accurate DISCHARGE IR info for cells , knowing how inaccurate the inbuilt IR calcs are on most chargers. ( mostly AC Impedance )

tntpoof

i have had this charger FOR 4 MOTHS ..IT IS NOW SHOWING HIGH VOLTAGE IN BALANCE MODE.. TOTAL TOSSING MY MONEY AWAY..ANY ONE KNOW IF A FILE OR UPGRADE CAN FIX MY ISSUE.. HOW ABOUT A WAY TO CONTACT MAKER?..

tntpoof

actually i can not as my camera does not show screens #.. it show charging 2 cell. voltage of 9.74 volts over 8.4.. when i turn it to cell statue it show #1 4.87 same with cell #2 4.87 volts.. i disconnect battery and check with my cell checker it shows..4.20 volts on both cells,, so just the display voltage is incorrect not battery's..

Tony

Staff member
Interesting, I have not had this issue with either of the ones I have (red and black). Have you tried contacting the seller you purchased it from? Unfortunately since we changed servers a while back, I lost my contacts email address to try to solve this directly through them. What I can do though is give you their facebook page and maybe they can help you there if you send them a message. I'm not sure if this is going to work or not, but it's worth a shot. Thankfully it's not actually over charging your cells. Here's to hoping that you can either get this resolved through them or find a way to adjust a pot or something to adjust the voltage display.

https://www.facebook.com/yks.tech/?fref=ts

tntpoof

i sent them a message thru FB .. i see a guy also posted awhile back on there FB page with no reply's from them..

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I noticed that their last post on that page was quite a while ago. The other thing you can do is contact the seller that sold it to you.

tntpoof

well i have tried to contact the makers via fb and called the company# all with no prevail.. so i contacted my credit card company and got my money refunded to my credit card ..i then found the correct place for this pos charger.. the garbage can..oh well live and learn many fly by night companies in rc ..

Tony

Staff member
When I did the review on this charger, I thought it was a good brand that they would stand behind. Sorry it didn't work out for you. If you would be willing to send it to me, I will see if I can do anything with it.

tntpoof

not sending damaged unit that would be bad if it blew a lipo up then id be responsible.. i also did a review but then this happened and now no one will contact me so.. its in garbage where it belongs..i just picked up a iv8 only charges thru balance plug and will go to 6 amps also shows ir.. can charge 8 different batteries at once or 1by 1.. nice..same as radiolink cb86 just cost me $50 not $89

Tony

Staff member
You wouldn't have to worry about being responsible for anything. When I'm testing equipment with known issues, I take precautions. I was just looking to get my hands on it just in case there were other cases out there. Maybe I can find a fix to the issue and put it out there for everyone to see. ,

tntpoof

well im sure once yours gets a few more charges on it .. the voltage issue will show..id say it has 180.. 5 packs a week for 8 months then issue showed..less than 200

Top Bottom