500 Problems with Zeroing out

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone, I converted my FBL500 heli to a DFC heli. I'm having problems with my AR7300BX getting letter "J" to work out. I need to get 6 degrees with a blue light to work. No matter what adjustment i try with the servo linkage and/or the blade grip linkage adjustment, I still can't get the 6 degree/blue light to work. The closest I can get is +1 on zeroing out on letter "G" and when I get to letter "J" I'm reading somewhere around 4.5 degree instead of 6 degrees that I'm looking for. I have AR7200BX on my Tarot 450 DFC and my Gaui X3 and have no problem getting the blue light with the 6 degrees. Now the 500 has the AR7300BX which is no different then the 7200BX but getting the 7300BX to get 6 degree with the blue light with the DFC on, now that's a different story. I got the 500 as close as I can get it. I tried it out last night. I was just hovering and got into stunt 1 and it seem fine but the real test is today! I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea why i cant get this set up right with the DFC but I can get it with the FBL head? I'm lost for trying different adjustment. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Tony

Staff member
I did a setup on the 600 with my 7200bx and never could get a blue light. I set it at 6º and called it good. It flew just fine for me as it has for others as well. There is something about Align and the DFC head that the BX just doesn't like. More than likely you need to put the servo ball in a hole closer to the base of the arm which is not possible on some arms.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Tony. I took your advice and had the chance to fly this afternoon. Funny how that AR doesn't like the DFC on the 500 but like the DFC on the 450? That's why I like this hobby,it keeps me wondering, LOL I'm just glad that I didn't have to put the FBL head back on.

Smoggie

Yeah, the geometry of the Align DFC heads doesn't suit many FBL controllers. It's often impossible to get the servo travel within it's optimal optimal range. KDE make longer pitch control arms for the bigger Align helis to address the problem. Here are the ones for the 550/600 DFC head, they specifically mention that it allows you to get the blue light on the AR controller: http://www.kdedirect.com/products/at550-600-mrha-xt Unfortunately KDE don't do the arms for the 500.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Smoggie for that information. I had no idea about that geometry fact. That's why I enjoy this hobbie, I'm always learning something new. Keeps my mind alert and working.

trainrider06

That's odd, I have been able to get the blue light on my 500 PRo DFC the past couple times I've set it up.
It won't do it when I try one side, but when I move the stick to the other side it lites right up at 6.
Hey D.O.G. Wasn't that you who had the tail issue on setup? Where the tail would barely move after setup?
Mine did this the last time, and I got it worked out somehow, but can't remember how the hell I did! Lol

How's yours flying now?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's odd, I have been able to get the blue light on my 500 PRo DFC the past couple times I've set it up.
It won't do it when I try one side, but when I move the stick to the other side it lites right up at 6.
Hey D.O.G. Wasn't that you who had the tail issue on setup? Where the tail would barely move after setup?
Mine did this the last time, and I got it worked out somehow, but can't remember how the hell I did! Lol

How's yours flying now?

Hey there trainrider06. Yup that was me with the tail issue moving SLOWLY. What I did was erase everything and went back to factory reset. What I found out was when you go to setting up and if you mess up somewhere alone the line, you must go through all the letters til you get back to the beginning. If you just unplug the battery and plug back in to restart, the AR doesn't like that.

So your DFC lites up at 6, strange. I have two 500 DFC. Align and Tarot. I didn't realize when you buy the Align 500 DFC that you don't get blade holder with the kit. Surprise me, last time I remember, blade holder came with the kit. Al well, that's why I bought the Tarot. I got tired of waiting for my DFC to come from Taiwan and notice NO blade holder either so I ordered the Tarot. Anyway, do you mind if I ask what measurement you have from center to center on your servo linKs to your 500 DFC trainrider06?

Top Bottom