500 problems getting pitch settings correct

tricky1400

hi I have a copterx 450 , shaft drive and have just bought and fitted the new black harder longer lasting drive gears , fitted new main and tail blades and decided to check all of my pitch settings etc

I have the DX6i set up with pitch settings 60,65,70,75,100

I have lowered the swash so that I have zero pitch at 50% stick and around 8 % positive at full stick , but when I go to zero stick the pitch stays at zero , could anyone explain what I could be doing wrong ?!?

I thought that if I went to zero stick the blade pitch should go to negative ?

when I did a quick test flight after fitting the new parts ( before I lowered the swash ) the heli appeared to fly faster towards the ground when I shut it down than it did when I spun it up to take off :(

I am not sure what I am doing wrong

throttle curve is set to 0 , 25 , 50 , 75 , 100

I have balanced the blades

I also noticed that with 2 motor wires undone while setting it up that when I go from zero stick to full stick the swash doesnt appear to move that much , I am sure it used to travel further , all the servos seem to be working properly , nothing appears to be sticking or binding , could this be because of wrong settings in the radio ?

any help much appreciated , thanks

Admiral

Hi Tricky1400, your pitch settings are preventing the blade going into negative pitch, start by changing your Pitch Curve to 0,25,50,75,100 that will give you a better understanding of what the Pitch Curve does, then make adjustments from there.
The curve you using is probably giving you 1 or 2 degrees positive pitch at zero throttle.

Top Bottom