Micro Problem fitting trex 150 lynx metal servo gears on blade 180

arcademelody

Hello i have a problem getting the trex 150 metal lynx gears to fit. You can see that the output gear shaft is too long compared to the blade servo. Also because the shaft is too long the plastic piece that sits in the pot does not come up the shaft far enough to hold the gears in place, there is a big gap. How are people actually managing to fit these?

P1030312.jpgP1030313.jpgP1030314.jpgP1030319.jpg

P1030312.jpg

P1030313.jpg

P1030314.jpg

P1030319.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure that shaft is pushed all the way into the output gear? If this were my gear set, I would get a piece of wood and see if you can push that shaft against the wood and push it in. Do this slowly. You can even use a jewelers hammer to help it along. Just remember, you have to go slow or you will either bend the shaft, or mar up the output gear.

Last resort would be using a vice as a press of sorts. But this method has greater risk of bending that shaft.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and remember, that small gear must spin free. Did you by chance watch my 150 servo rebuild video? In there, I show how to take the case apart and press on the back of the pot so that the + section can go down into it without pushing the pot out of its holder. .

arcademelody

Yes i have seen your vid on the 150. Dont forget im trying to put these in the h2060 nanolite servo, also i have another two sets and they are all the same. I have tried pushing the shaft in further by forcing it on my desk but it dosnt seem to move. My brother has got 150 so maybe i should give them back for spares.

Tony

Staff member
Well, if the shaft will not push in, then there is really only two choices. 1. is to grind off the shaft so that the small piece can fit on there all the way or 2. do as you said and give them back. They are great gears, Have not had a single issue out of them.

arcademelody

Thats a great idea! First ill try with a small hammer. A few gentle taps and then if it dont move ill grind alittle off and make em fit!

Tony

Staff member
Just make sure not to grind all of those knurls off. There is not a lot of force on them (which is the only reason I would suggest grinding it down), but if it slips, the servo will have no idea where center is and will keep spinning. Keep me posted.

Slobberdog

its a known problem which I think Lynx will solve shortly, yes you need to take a touch off the end of the shaft.

Top Bottom