Chargers Pretty Nice, Pretty Price

Tony

Staff member
I wish I could see the insides of that charger to compare it to an iCharger. I will bet the caps and such are crap quality and will fail within a year.

bigone5500

At the end of his video he did mention that he was unsure of the failure rate and reliability of it in the field. On a very hot summer day either out in the sun or in a car, I'd expect no more than a year or so of use from it.

I'll trust my aluminum case iCharger any day.

murankar

Staff member
Personally I don't trust him and his advise after watching him solder in a tutorial. I watch his videos just to get ideas and then I go and formulate my own opinions.

His solder tutorial was awful to say the least. Gave bad, really bad soldering advise. Things like cold joints and improper soldering techniques. Then during the video he brushed it of as no big deal. Fly a $100 race quad frame and a $500+ heli are very different. If a new heli pilot finds this video they could get very bad info. After that I was turned of by him.

bigone5500

I personally would not go to a channel such as his to learn soldering. I would seek out a reputable electronics channel with professional equipment to show the correct methods.

But I already know how to solder...so I will stick with RC channels to keep me fresh and ready to go! LOL!

Top Bottom