Quad Power Distribution Board Mounting

Hey
Has anyone ever mounted a PDB with 2 sided foam tape before?
Would it get hot enough to melt loose from the tape possibly
causing contact to frame?

Tony

Staff member
I as well use a clear 3M tape that I got from www.nexrc.com. Works great and doesn't move. If the PDB is getting hot, then you need a bigger board that can handle more current. but I doubt you need to do that.

Yea she got mounted with 3m. Almost ready to give her life [emoji41]
All soldering is done just have to turn some screws and crank up the cc3d....

Oh I just remembered. On my PCB in the middle there are 4 soldering areas. 2 positive 2 negative.
Since the battery cables are somewhat large I place the positive over the 2 positive spots and soldered the wire to both. Same with negative wire.
That will not hurt anything right?
I used both spots to better secure the wire.

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about missing this one bro. Can you post a picture of what you are talking about? I'm having a hard time trying to picture it. But if my mind is not playing tricks on me, you should be fine. But would like to see a picture to be sure.

Tony

Staff member
Without seeing it, I can't see that it would be an issue. As long as nothing is getting hot or arcing lol.

Tony

Staff member
I don't see an issue with that. Not sure why you wanted to run it that way, but what counts is that it works.

Just wanted to make sure it was secure. The pads on it are small in comparison to the cables. The Esc's cables fit perfectly as well as the led lighting cables. But the battery cables are monsters compared to them. With the 2 bottom plates sandwiched together you can hardly see the board. Yes I made sure there is nothing touching cf and the cables are clear from each other

Well when it was all done and said I soldered all cables together. earlier with the 1st CC3D I had some issues with PPM so to eliminate soldering and electrical issues I direct soldered everything

Top Bottom