Quad Postman brought me a gift....

Tasajara

Well I decided to get a new quad... like i needed a new one huh.
Anyway I bought a QAV500 V1.2
2-qav.JPG
1-oav.jpg

Now time to decide on the motors I want to power it with.
I am leaning toward the MT-4006

t-motor.jpg
But not to sure on the esc's yet..
I did see some T-Motor ESC's but not sure if
they are for sale yet.
t-motor esc.jpg

1-oav.jpg

t-motor.jpg

t-motor esc.jpg

2-qav.JPG

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You got to watch the esc's. some of the 30a are to wide. To fit in the frames. If that's the motors from QAV, the 18a's will work just fine. But anyways welcome to the club! You will love this quad.

Lee

If you're gonna get the Tiger motors, then get the tiger escs. They work really well. Kiof has them. He also had the DJI ones and they nowhere near as good as the Tigers. I'd love to get the Tiger motors, but they are very pricey. The FM 4008 that Kiof Sam and I have work really well. Use the Graupner props. The APC's are ok for bumbling around. Or the Xoars are getting great reviews. Did you see the link I sent you in OP for the Flight control board?

Tasajara

sure did see the link thanks.... I have not found a place that sells the newer tigher esc's yet.
Guess I will keep looking.

Derek

I sure wish the postman would bring me a package with a quad in it, lol. I'm hoping to get a few of my current projects completed over the next few months, then get my FPV gear, then I would really like to get a quad. My friend brought his out to my house the other day and let me fly around the yard. It was so cool! Insanely stable and just awesome! I hope you get the esc's sorted. Good luck!!!

Tasajara

Thanks...
Thought I would try some new ESC code after doing some reading on the net.
So I ordered the HobbyKing 30A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller, and I will be flashing the Wii ESC code for multirotor on them.
Have to wait and see how the new code turns out...
I have done the SimonK firmware it works good with standard size motors.

But you can see how much better the Wii ESC code is on pancake style motors from
the two videos.

VS

Also a little video showing the manual way of flashing the esc's

But to make it very easy you can buy a flash tool that is now sold at HK
Atmel Atmega Socket Firmware Flashing Tooll

Last edited by a moderator:

Tasajara

Update, If you use the high end pancake style motors, you can now use SimonK firmware if you get the latest code he updated.

Got my HK Blue ESC's
and My Atmel Atmega Socket Firmware Flashing Tool

But I did have to buy a new USBasp AVR Programming Device for ATMEL proccessors, the one I have now is a 6 pin and the flash tool has a 10 pin cable.
Just to make it simple without and rewiring job.

Also Tim at FPVManuals has a new motor for sale.... Tiger Motor are making a motor for them to sale .
FPV Manuals FM-4006-13 740kv motor

AVR.jpg

FT.jpg

HKz30A.jpg

Last edited:

Lee

I got the email about those motors. I would def like to give them a try. My list for next year is getting longer and longer. I'm gonna need a second job LOL

Tasajara

My list has been long... I am working on making it shorter as fast as I can....LOL

I still think I will opt for the Tiger Motor MT-4006-13 740kv on my QAV build because they have a better grade of bearing.
I found them at my Favorite FPV shop online... ReadyMadeRC.com
plus they have the cheapest price and fastest shipping. I have ordered from them and got my order in 3 days.

After this the GoPro 3 will be next on my list ..... :)

I also ordered a Polarized Lens Filter & Sun Glare Filtration for GoPro to help on the real sunny days, gets rid of the glare.
Have to wait and see how they do.

Last edited:

Tasajara

Nice.. But I was not using my case right now just the layered lens. But that may be an option later on the QAV

Tasajara

The first one I got I paid $124.95, when the GoPro 2 came out. I got it from Woot.com had a sell on the GoPro Hero
I get daily emails of what they sell each day... I have got some good buys from them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom