Post Your Rc-help Trainer Pictures!!!

Tony

Staff member
Here is a place to showcase ALL of the pictures from the members of Rc-Help.com. I want to see some of the creative things you guys have done with this plane. Post them up!!!

IMG_0367.jpgIMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

Derek

Sorry Tony! I just now saw this thread.

I'll be the first. I actually built this RCH Trainer for my wife. She's gonna start flying with me this year. I'm so excited to fly with her.

RCHTrainer1_zps83f6b06b.jpg

I just have two rubber bands holding the wing on for the time being. When it comes time to fly, I'll surely add 3-4 more.

RCHTrainer2_zpsd9382bf2.jpg

You can see on the tail, I added a thin bamboo skewer for some rigidity when the elevator moves

RCHTrainer3_zps7479faa8.jpg

Right side

RCHTrainer4_zpsca4fe39b.jpg

Left side

I've got a Spektrum AR400 Rx on this plane with a Grayson Hobby 2212-13 1000kv motor with a 20amp esc, Hitec 12g servos (from my LHS), and I'll have a 3S 2200mAh lipo in it for power. I'm gonna be building a second one and I'll like to put landing gear on it. Will probably keep the "belly lander" for my wife.

There we go, Tony! Just a bit about my RCH Trainer.

I'm sorry about the links and all...for some reason the Insert Image tab isnt working properly.

Tony

Staff member
I tested it out and it was working for me. You just click the image upload button, click on URL tab, and insert the URL. I fixed your post and put the IMG code in to it. It's looking great bro. I need to get some pictures of the RCH trainer and get them posted on here. I dont' think hardly anyone has seen it completed.

Amanda

Waldo-1.jpgWaldo-2.jpg

Hello

This is Waldo and the 1st airplane i try to build. It went together good. PROS: Tony's build vid's r excellent! CONS: none. i luv this plane. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to attach the propeller?! The instructions 4 the Park450 Brushless motor dint evn mention propellers? it came wit a collet kinda spinner thingy that woldent evn fit my 10x7 prop cuz the motor shaft was too BiG? i guess they figure everybody is smart nuf to figure it out,,, wrong. Grrr!!! i cnat find the lastest pics but these r from last week. And no, i dont take OFF with da BiG wheelz,,, i jst throw it up in the air,,, but it sure lands nice :)

Amanda in Minnesota

Waldo-1.jpg

Waldo-2.jpg

Amanda

Waldo-3.jpg
BTW,,, those wheelz r made of 4 water-bottle caps, a wire coat hangar and foam from a swimming-pool-noodle that we got from Dollar tree for ((wait 4 it,,,)) a dollar! i found a YouTube vid' tht shows how to make them whn i search u tube for: DIY Landing Gear Bixler. umm,,, i cnat land on grass cuz i always noze ovr and brake the glued-on nose extensions. its easier (4 ME) to jst land in the driveway on BiG wheelz :)

Waldo-3.jpg

Derek

That's awesome, Amanda! I think you are referring the the "Landing Gear" episode on Flitetest. Those guys are great. They don't always do an episode on something that interests me, but they are always worth watching.

Great job on the landing gear!!!

Tony

Staff member
That plane looks great Amanda. Post some video if you can of it in the air and any tips on what you think could be better on the plane. Always open for suggestions. If you can't post video, I will understand given the circumstance.

callsign4223

Staff member
Here is the one Tony cut out for me. It flew great right up until the time I landed and caved the firewall in. I have fixed it up and she's ready to fly again the first day it's not blowing 20mph outside. Also, you'll notice the 2 washers/bolts, those are how I mounted the wing instead of using rubber bands. If you want to see how I did it check out my trainer thread Another RCH Trainer thread - Page 4

Photo Apr 29, 2 49 32 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 29, 2 49 32 PM.jpg

eekay

image.jpg

She's not the prettiest build, I may attempt it again with the new updated plans. Just going on two months now waiting for parts. Hopefully the XT60s I need will arrive today.

Wether or not this is going to fly is anyone's guess.

image.jpg

eekay

image.jpg
View attachment 6759

She's not the prettiest build, I may attempt it again with the new updated plans. Just going on two months now waiting for parts. Hopefully the XT60s I need will arrive today.

Wether or not this is going to fly is anyone's guess.

These are actually the current pics, Turnigy D3536 1000kv motor now on and a Master Airscrew 10x7 prop.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

wolfman76

Looks pretty good to me eekay all that really matters is that it flies and you are happy with the end results. Is nothing that a little coating or shapes can't remedy later.

Tony

Staff member
Eekay, that plane looks great! As long as you set your CoG to 1/3 wing chord, it should fly just fine! Can't wait to see it in the air.

Top Bottom