Post your eclipse photos!

bigone5500

Here's mine...
I used a shade 10 welding lens and set my phone to ISO50, 1/24000 shutter. We didn't get a full eclipse where I am but glad to have been able to see it.

20170821_184459.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Here's mine pic using a Canon Power shot. I put the eclipse glasses, that I was using to view, on top of my camera lens that Tony help unlock :) IMG_1631.JPG I think it was at 82 percent and it did dim down the area some.

EyeStation

Here is a look at Totality and The Diamond Ring taken in Marion Il. using a Pentax K-S2 with a 18-135 mm zoom maxed out. These have been cropped drastically from the originals.
HkgLRBfzTKWK-74KI0Zs_GP26dGuLgJIci_csq4A1CQ

TLOVIRa8b3xO693B2TcBdlcgg0TVcbI_Z_ECxmxbo4M

RandyDSok

I made it to Bourbon, MO after all... here is a sample that I quickly put together... ( just got home an hour and a half ago )
Lightroom2_1280.jpg

RandyDSok

Hi Randy, Spectacular collage, can I have you permission to share it on my facebook page for my Aussie friends.

You can but here is a direct link to this and my other photos that are on facebook.... it may be easier to share that way...

If you can't see them tell me... but I'm pretty sure I've shared that to the public

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Randy for sharing :) The wife was waiting to see what you would create with your photo's. The collage looks great from both of us! :)

bigone5500

@rdsok I checked out your website and those lightning photos are great. I tried my hand at that one time but they weren't as good as yours. The moon photos are good too. What camera/lens did you use?

RandyDSok

The camera is a Nikon D3300 DSLR ... my lenses are a 35mm Prime focus lens, an 18-55mm Zoom lens and a 55-300mm Zoom lens.

The Sun, Moon and Nebula shots are going to be on the 300mm zoom... lightning will likely be the 18-55mm zoom or the 35mm prime. For exact details on a specific shot... look at it's EXIF properties ( I don't strip that out ). I do have a couple of Moon shots that I took through my 5.1" telescope but I have to take two pics and then join them since the whole Moon won't fit in one shot, so I don't mess with that too often. At some point I'll take nebula and star cluster shots through the scope but just haven't had time since I got it.

Most of my lightning shots will be for 2-10 seconds long using a remote release... and the secret is just to keep clicking away unless you have a high dollar Lightning Trigger ( that is an actual brand name product btw ) for your camera.

Top Bottom