250 Please i need your advice

Kronchy

I have the opportunity to buy a blade300 cfx with 5 batteries flown 10 times for 175.00/ or the trex bnf new with 2 batt n new metal head to upgrade for $225. Which on will you buy????? 250 has 3g mrs/ blade has beastx???? Help..im torned up.......

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have the opportunity to buy a blade300 cfx with 5 batteries flown 10 times for 175.00/ or the trex bnf new with 2 batt n new metal head to upgrade for $225. Which on will you buy????? 250 has 3g mrs/ blade has beastx???? Help..im torned up.......

:warning: Just my opinion but I would go with the Blade/beastx.

KLA

I agree with DOG, go with the Blade 300CFX. The build quality is about the same as the Trex 250, the BeastX is a LOT better than the 3G mrs and the 250 is notoriously difficult to fly compared to the 300CFX. The 250 is often compared to a hummingbird on crack. Plus, the tail on the 250 is also a real PIA to get set up correctly.

I'd go with the Blade 300CFX. I have a HK 250gt, Trex 250 clone, and I would not buy another one. Mostly because of the problems with the tail.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Tony

Staff member
If you get the Align 250, you will struggle with it. The design is quite old and the 3GX is a horrible gyro if you have not programmed them before. The 300x is a pretty good platform and the gyro is one of the best out there. Easy to setup, you don't need a computer, and is stable with bone stock settings. No tweaking it to make it work, it just works. 300 is a good choice.

Kronchy

Sounds good/ i can always use the beast x on a 500 size trex. Thats my next goal.....300 it will be..thx

Tony

Staff member
Yup, you sure can. And it will be fantastic on that bird. I have a 550 here at the house that has an AR7200BX on it and it works fantastic.

KLA

I think you are making a wise choice, Kronchy. The 300CFX has a CF frame and CNC alloy head and swashplate just like Trex 250. It's a little bigger and, as I stated earlier and Tony stated, the BeastX is a much better FBL gyro and the 250 is very touchy, plus getting the tail set up correctly on the 250 is a real PIA. I almost never fly my 250 anymore.

Congrats and good luck! Love to see some pictures when you get it.

Top Bottom