General Please help new beginner

mirrorcarp27

I have just started getting into RC Helicopter at the moment I am flying a MJX F45 Single Rotor Helicopter Complete 4 Channel (2.4GHz) and yes I have already crashed it and now waiting for parts so I can fix it lol. I also now going to get this too but need help not sure what I need?

Tarot 450 Sport Super Combo kit

Instruction:

●Newly designed head block with high rigidity and stability.
●Single piece integrated design of main bearing block and servo mount
●Single piece integrated design of anti-rotation guide and gyro mount.
●Single piece integrated landing gear.
●Highly stable flybar control system.
●High precision bearing mixing arms.
●Newly designed high resolution swashplate.
●Single piece battery mount with integrated canopy mount designed to bring CG closer to disk plane.
●Highly rigid frame with single piece carbon side and bottom plates.
●Highly efficient shaft driven tail design.
●Weighted tail rotor blade grips to repel centripetal forces.
●Straight-up in-frame rudder servo mount for improved geometry.
●Newly designed aerodynamic canopy.
●Newly designed high torque motor.
●Newly designed high strength main blade grips.

Specification:

●Length: 643mm
●Height: 228mm
●Main Rotor Diameter: 715mm
●Tail Rotor Diameter: 158mm
●Motor Drive Gear: 134T
●Main Drive Gear: 150T
●Autorotation Tail Drive Gear: 106T
●Tail Drive Gear: 25T
●Drive Gear Ratio: 1:10.7:4.24
●Weight(w/o power system): 440g
●Flying Weight: Approx. 760g

I have ordered all items below but I don't know if I need them all with a ? mark do I need both of them I am confuse if not which one should I use any help would be great

Radio transmitter and electronic equipment required for assembly
● 1 of Radio Controller DX6i DSMX 6 Channel TX Transmitter & Receiver AR6210 Mode 2
●Receiver(6-channel or more)
●Pitch gaugeX1
●11.1V 3S Li-Po 2000~2300mAh batteryX1
● RotorStar RS-3868MGT Digital Helicopter Tail Servo 29g / 3.0kg / 0.06sec
●3X ALIGN T-Rex DS416M Digital Servo HSD41601-KG New
● 1 of :Tarot 450 PRO 3800KV Brushless Motor TL450M 3.5mm (SKU136736)
●1 of :HOBBYWING FlyFun 30A 40A ESC Brushless For RC Quadcopter (SKU050461)
1 of :Tarot ZYX-S 3-Axis Flybarless Gyro System ZYX01 USB Programmer Link (SKU080443) ?????
1X G401B Head Lock Gyro MY401 KDS800 GY401 RC Trex 450 ???????

Package Included:

●Tarot 450 SPORT Kit Set X1 set
●325mm Wooden Blade

Dirk

●Weighted tail rotor blade grips to repel centripetal forces.

Huh??? Does not make any sense to me. I thought the idea was to make them as light as possible to reduce the centrifugal force.:scratchchin:

The heli has a flybar. You won't need the 3 axis gyro system

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Batteries, you'll want at least thee. This is a flybar unit so all you need for the tail is a head lock gyro. Tarot is a good alternative to Align.

Flybars are a great way to get into ccpm helis. Anyhow if you decide to stick with this kit let me know. I have a gyro for your tail.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Huh??? Does not make any sense to me. I thought the idea was to make them as light as possible to reduce the centrifugal force.:scratchchin:

The heli has a flybar. You won't need the 3 axis gyro system

He's talking about the chinese tail weights on the grips. Those little lumps of metal sticking out the sides of the grips.

murankar

Staff member
No that came out a few years ago. I think align started it and everyone one else followed suit.

pvolcko

The side weights help stabilize things when the tail blades are pitched . Helps even out the side to side weight distribution and makes less work for the tail servo to move the tail pitch system while in flight. The description in the line item is a bit strange, but chalk that up marketing and chinese-english translation.

murankar

Staff member
I am sure those weights have some impact on performance. I think its more gimmick than benefit. My reasoning is simply because not every manufacturer is using them. A few short years ago just before fbl became hot Align and had made a small push for the design. I am sure other manufacturers did also i just don't know who they are.

I just looked at some align kits from the new 450L to the 500E (fly bared) to the 550E to the trusted 700N. The only kit that had them was the 450L. I am not an engineer by any means so i can't make any speculations. All i know about them is what Paul has stated. The other thing i know is that i have 2 kits that don't use them both are 450 sized. So take it whats it worth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom