General Please help me????

mkharrell

I have a DX6i TX and a Radian Pro. This is my very first RC "anything"! I flew today with a expert and loved it.... he sugg. that I tighten my gimbles on my TX so it wouldn't be so easy to move. I read the manual and it now feels great.. The propblem now is when I plug my Radian Pro in and turn on my TX even with the throttle off the motor comes on and turns slowly. I have gone back in and made the gimbles just as loose if not even more loose then they orig. were,,, and still the Damn motor turns on when I turn the system on. What did I do and how can I stop this.... PLEASE HELP ME... I am new to this and can't go out to fly again until this is resolved....

Very Respectfully,

M. Harrell

Tony

Staff member
Moved the thread into the correct section. Please don't post questions in the Lounge as that is a place for off topic chat only. Thanks.

As for your issue, sounds like a simple trim issue. Remember, ALWAYS turn your Tx on first and your plane on last. When done, turn the plane OFF first and the Tx off last. If the plane is on, then the Tx should be on. At no time should the plane have power and the Tx not be on. If it catches a glitch, that thing can go full throttle and cause a lot of damage.

Here is what you do. Make sure your throttle trim is set to the middle on the Tx. Raise your throttle all the way up (if this is brushless. If a brushed motor is used, disregard this paragraph). Plug in your plane and listen to the ESC. When you hear the first series of beeps, lower the throttle all the way down. This will set your end points in the ESC to match that of your Tx.

If it's a brushed motor, then there should be some pots to adjust high and low. Or, you may have to read the manual to find out how to set the high and low end points.

Hope this helps.

mkharrell

Thank you for you quick reply. And sorry for posting in the incorrect area,,, now I know... I'll give this a try and see if it works. Yes, this is a brushless motor.... Thanks again...

Tony

Staff member
No worries bro, I understand that everyone has to start somewhere. Let me know if my info helps you out. If not, we will try something else.

mkharrell

Well I did what you said,( confused about the half throttle full throttle back to no throttle), but now I don't have throttle at all???

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Redo it! Fire up the tx. Place it at full throttle, then plug in your esc. After it beeps the first time lower the throttle. After it beep the last time unplug the esc plug it back in has you would normally do and it should work. If you read the instructions that come with the esc it will explain this too. This sets the throttle limits in your bird for the tx RX setup.

Last edited:

mkharrell

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to fly... thanks for your time.... learned something new and now going to learn more about flying... thanks brother..... do you know much about the radian?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony might. I just know how to set throttle end points cause I just got thru with a build myself not long ago!

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately I had to google it to find out if it was a heli or a plane lol. I'm glad you got it working though and I guess you can disregard my returned PM. Let us know if you need any more help.

Top Bottom