General Pitch Range Help

Travis 556

My issue , I bought 2 Blade 450 3d helis some time ago . One brand new never flown, the other with bent fly bar. Replaced fly bar with intention of flying bigger bird , had been flying 130x , mind Im not a 3d flyer or have any desire . So trying to set up 450 , repaired one on DX6 gen 3 . I have only +5 and -8 pitch, instead of +10 and -10 .
Went up and down with swash and mixing arms with no joy . Ive setup new in the box 450 in my radio and the same pitch range .
Can anyone tell me where I m screwing up ? lol

Thank you hope all your loved one and friends are healthy!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Travis and welcome. First thing, have you made sure that your servo are at 90 degree's? Second if you don't have a digital caliper, with all those linkages, you need to invest in one. It will make life easier. The cyclic servos linkages need to be all the same size. That goes for the Fly bar linkages too. A degree here and a degree there makes a big difference when it comes to setting up the pitch. Also make sure that the surface your heli is sitting on is level.

murankar

Staff member
As dog stated go through and make certain the mechanical setup is done. servo arms at 90 while at center stick, linkages are at starting lengths.

At this point you need to have a pitch curve that is 0 - 100 (linier) . Now at mid stick your blades need to be at 0° pitch. If not then you need to adjust the linkages to get your blades to zero.

As for what you have now your swash is not center while at mid stick. Your swash is sitting a bit high on the main shaft. Lower the swash by shortening the servo to swash linakages. Shorten them equally. This will lower the swash and even out the difference between positive and negative.

Travis 556

Thank you both for responding , I was very close mechanically . The radio settings I had were for DX 8 not my dx6 , so I piddled with settings and got full range of pitch thanks again !

Top Bottom