Jacob Kjer

Hi,

I'm starting to get a bit confused about all these curves and numbers.

First of all. I'm in no way into 3D or similar. I'm more the scale type. I have flown heli's before, but it 7 years ago and now it's time again. (I have done a lot of sim training)

My heli is the Trex 450 pro with Spektrum AR7200BX gyro. It works perfect together.

For now I have sat the pitch to 0 at mid stick, and 8 degrees at top and -3 at low stick. As I said, it's slow flying style....

But what about the throttle curve. I'm thinking of something like 0, 40,70,80,95. Could that be an idea?

Gyro settings Dual rate at 50% and Normal Rate 40% and 45 %

Lets me hear your good ideas.

Have a wonderful weekend

Jacob

Tony

Staff member
The way I like to do it is I start out with a completely linear pitch curve (0 25 50 75 100) and I set my pitch. I don't like anything under 11º of pitch. So I will set mid stick at 0º and full stick and low stick to +-11º of pitch. Then, I will go in and set the pitch curve to 46 48 50 75 100. This will still give me full collective pitch for punchouts and to combat down gusts from the wind, but it also gives me a slight bit of negative pitch at low stick so that even if the wind is blowing, it will not lift the heli up when it is spooling down with a little cross wind.

As for throttle curves, I ALWAYS run a flat curve. Normal mode will be something like 0 75 75 75 75 and IU1 and 2 are a flat 85, 90, 100, whatever you want the head speed to be. I do this because the tail is already having to fight against the added torque the head creates when you add collective pitch, but if you are not running a flat curve and you run something linear or like you posted, the motor is also adding torque to the tail. By running a flat curve, you will get a much more stable tail, and IMO the helicopter just sounds happier.

Jacob Kjer

The way I like to do it is I start out with a completely linear pitch curve (0 25 50 75 100) and I set my pitch. I don't like anything under 11º of pitch. So I will set mid stick at 0º and full stick and low stick to +-11º of pitch. Then, I will go in and set the pitch curve to 46 48 50 75 100. This will still give me full collective pitch for punchouts and to combat down gusts from the wind, but it also gives me a slight bit of negative pitch at low stick so that even if the wind is blowing, it will not lift the heli up when it is spooling down with a little cross wind.

As for throttle curves, I ALWAYS run a flat curve. Normal mode will be something like 0 75 75 75 75 and IU1 and 2 are a flat 85, 90, 100, whatever you want the head speed to be. I do this because the tail is already having to fight against the added torque the head creates when you add collective pitch, but if you are not running a flat curve and you run something linear or like you posted, the motor is also adding torque to the tail. By running a flat curve, you will get a much more stable tail, and IMO the helicopter just sounds happier.
Hi Thanks for the answer.

Do you select the pitch range in FBI setup to +\- 11 degress, and then use your TX for the rest?

Tony

Staff member
It depends on the FBL controller. Some want you to set it in their software, others you only do it in your Tx. It just depends. If you have the option to do it in the FBL controller, then do it that way.

Top Bottom