450 Pinion Question?

mousie

Ok here's my question, I just installed a scale fuselage on my fly bar 450 pro and was wondering what it the best pinion to be using. Right now everything is still in stock form. 13 tooth pinion,150 main gear stock 3400 kv motor and 40 amp speed controller. Flight time is around 5 mins. Would it help to go to a smaller pinion like a 11 or 12 tooth. This fuselage seems a good bit heaver that I would like. Just wondering what you guys think.

Tony

Staff member
11 or 12 would help keep it from bogging down. Best way to do it though is to just stick one on there adn fly it to see how it reacts.

mousie

Is it possible a lower tooth pinion will get me longer flight time? Should I keep my pitch curves the same. It seems to fly a little sluggish.

danhampson

with that set up i would stick with the stock pinion just because you havent changed any of the head.
If you were to run semi symmetrical (scale) blades they produce more lift so a slower head is needed. And again if you have multiple blades (3,4,5) the head speed has to be reduced futher.

mousie

with that set up i would stick with the stock pinion just because you havent changed any of the head.
If you were to run semi symmetrical (scale) blades they produce more lift so a slower head is needed. And again if you have multiple blades (3,4,5) the head speed has to be reduced futher.

Ok thank you for the advice.

Top Bottom