Pimped my heli,airbrushed by myself.trex700E DFC,assault 700 airframe.everything els

Admiral

Re: Pimped my heli,airbrushed by myself.trex700E DFC,assault 700 airframe.everything

Looking good, have been looking at airbrushing my own canopies to get some individuality. Thats on the "one day List" though.

Tony

Staff member
Re: Pimped my heli,airbrushed by myself.trex700E DFC,assault 700 airframe.everything

Fantastic job there hatchet! Okay, I'm about to geek out on you with your setup. What brush are you using? What compressor? What dryer? What brand and kind of paints? Yes, I really want to know. I'm an Iwata fan and have one and want another. My setup is just my garage compressor running through a full size dryer. As for paints, just what ever I can get my hands on lol. Again, great job on that, it looks fantastic!

hatchet

Hi Tony
Cheers,this is my first time doing it,did not know how it would turn out like,but hey turned out ok in the end,the paints are custom paints.i have a shed which I did my canopy in,I left my doors open to do the job.paints are base colour solvents.then bought candy blue,aliminum course base.al solvents.the setup I have is what you can see in my pics.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why it's turned the pic round.image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

hatchet

Q, tony,I'm in the setup on the AR7200BX,I've whatch your videos on the setup but I'm stuck on L,I'm binding at the top and bottom of swashplate.backed it off with the rudder stick but the light goes to red.then I have no binding.but it's say you have to be blue led.i was at blue at first when I went into L.i went back to G to try and sort it by my links,can not shorten them any more what I have.its seems to me there is to much throw on elivater when I go full stick and it binds at the top.i back it off and it turns red then it's fine.then at the bottom I had to back off alieron that turned red.then everything works fine.what do you suggest?cheers chris.i can try and post a video of it,if that helps.

Tony

Staff member

Is it red, or is it purple? The only lights I'm seeing in the manual is blue, purple and off. No mention of red. But that says "you must mechanically adjust the helicopter to INCREASE the available throw". It sounds like you need to decrease the throw.

hatchet

Is it red, or is it purple? The only lights I'm seeing in the manual is blue, purple and off. No mention of red. But that says "you must mechanically adjust the helicopter to INCREASE the available throw". It sounds like you need to decrease the throw.
Chris

- - - Updated - - -

Hi tony,don't know if you got my quote,or my have done it wrong.
Yes it's deffentley in led red,I can go to led blue,but binds like hell and the the elivater touchs the rotaion bracket when I go full stick.so I back off into the led red,and no binding.i can not shorten the links to my swashplate anymore they are at there limit.if I do the ball links on the head will screw off.you have only about 2mm on the head links.so I'm stuck really in the led red zone.anymore advise let me know.cheers Chris

- - - Updated - - -

There seem to be to much throw on elivater.dont know why,I've gone by the book.i have see some people on a site have the same problem.but said carry on if it's in the red.just thinking the best way to go.

Tony

Staff member

Can you by chance move the link balls on the servo to an inner hole? If not try to get a video so I can see what is going on.

hatchet

Hi Tony
Will post the upload what I have done,and will put it on the forum in members video in new thread.so it's in the right place.im on youtube.just takes ages to load up on it.i have subscribed on your YouTube channel.my YouTube channel is 1rambofirstblood you will see it on there.if not I will upload it tomoz.cheers

Chris

Lee

Sweet paint job there dude :)

hatchet

cheers LEE
YES I HAVE SOME MORE PIC OF THE CANOPY FROM START TO FINISH PAL,WILL POST THEM ON HERE WHEN I GET ABIT OF TIME MATE.

hatchet

Can you by chance move the link balls on the servo to an inner hole? If not try to get a video so I can see what is going on.

hope this work.[video=youtube_share;uyeyNN-oaNY]https://youtu.be/uyeyNN-oaNY[/video]

Tony

Staff member

LInk worked fine. The only thing that I can think of is to lower your overall throws on the servos. You should be set at 100 now, but may need to go to 90 or so. This is not advised but it seems there is not much choice here.

One thing to note, unless you are a hardcore 3D flier, you will NEVER see these kinds of travels. You have binding on full negative which means you would have to hit it with full negative pitch and full aileron or elevator. I don't think I have ever hit those extremes in all of the years I have been flying.

My opinion is set it to a blue light, even with the slight binding and call it a day. ,

hatchet

LInk worked fine. The only thing that I can think of is to lower your overall throws on the servos. You should be set at 100 now, but may need to go to 90 or so. This is not advised but it seems there is not much choice here.

One thing to note, unless you are a hardcore 3D flier, you will NEVER see these kinds of travels. You have binding on full negative which means you would have to hit it with full negative pitch and full aileron or elevator. I don't think I have ever hit those extremes in all of the years I have been flying.

My opinion is set it to a blue light, even with the slight binding and call it a day. ,

cheers chris

hatchet

hi lee
sorry for not getting back pal.heres some pics from start to finish.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.png6.jpg8.jpg11702805_10204981559474294_1268873730714440061_n.jpg9.jpg12.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.png

6.jpg

8.jpg

11702805_10204981559474294_1268873730714440061_n.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

trainrider06

I admire anyone with an eye and talent to do something like that!
That's really not an easy thing to do and have it turn out like that!

hatchet

Hi mate cheers
Never done this before,this is my first time,I will do another one mybe in a different colour and still keep the design what I have done.still have different design as well in mind.

Top Bottom