Picture in picture query

I don't know where to put this question, but I'm wondering how you do a YouTube or any video where you can have 2 videos running in the same film... There's loads of YouTube vids with a smaller video of an fpv camera in the corner of the main film.. I'm sure Lee has done a few....

pvolcko

Yeah, I've done them. If it's just a simple put something in the corner type edit it isn't too hard with a decent editor. The problem comes in if you're wanting to crop down the inside pic like it's a moving window onto the secondary video. That takes a while or being handy with AfterEffects to setup proper tracking masks and whatnot.

[video=youtube_share;uTcqLskHBjQ]http://youtu.be/uTcqLskHBjQ[/video]

That one took a long time to edit. The in-picture is cropping, zooming, and panning on X/Y to keep the quad in frame. A lot of hand keyframing and transform manipulations.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, using keyframes to keep something centered takes forever! Been there. lol. Now, I just keep shooting takes until I get the shot that I want lmao.

It does look amazing but if it takes ages I'll not bother....lol. I'll just flip from one camera to the other, seen that on YouTube and it looks OK..

Thanks guys

Tony

Staff member
If you just want to do a picture in picture effect, it's as simple as putting your main camera on the top timeline, and your PIP on the next timeline and shrinking the size. I do that on every single video I do with my logo. Takes me about 5 minutes to get it perfect. And that includes a "drink" break lmao.

If you just want to do a picture in picture effect, it's as simple as putting your main camera on the top timeline, and your PIP on the next timeline and shrinking the size. I do that on every single video I do with my logo. Takes me about 5 minutes to get it perfect. And that includes a "drink" break lmao.

I wanted something like what Paul has shown in his clip... I'll see what there is available in the way of software, but it sounds time consuming which is something I don't have a lot of...

Thanks though

Tony

Staff member
Give yourself time to get used to the software, which will take about a month, then you can do all the editing you could ever want in less than an hour. Including the PIP.

Give yourself time to get used to the software, which will take about a month, then you can do all the editing you could ever want in less than an hour. Including the PIP.

Yeah I will give it a shot Tony, it will be worth it in the end, those PIP vids look cool

Thanks bro

Top Bottom