Servos Picking out servo

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello everyone. About three weeks ago i purchased Align DS416M servos and one of them went bad. So i have the chance to return them for new ones. My question is, should i get the same ones or Try out the Align DS430M or stay away from Align servo and go for the KST DS215MG servo. I like the Align DS416M when it worked but not for only 3 weeks. I can use some information in picking out new servo to try. Thanks everyone for your help.

Derek

Well, I can promise you that you are going to get some mixed opinions on this topic, lol. Some people like the Align servos, other people despise them.

I've not used the 416's but I have the 430m servos on my 450 and they work very well. The only time I've had an issue with the servos was when I crashed the 450 into the ground, rotor first, lol. I jammed up one of the servos from the impact. Instead of replacing just the one, I replaced all 3 with new 430m servos and my 450 has been flying very well.

murankar

Staff member
I am not much of an align guy. I have used Align stuff just have not ever gotten the warm and fuzzes from them. Any how I am looking at the KST DS215mg and the DS 515mg for tail. Super bad has used them and liked them enough to suggest them to me. I found a couple of ebay stores selling them n$66 plus $5 shipping to $75 with free shipping for a set of three cyclics (ds 215mg).

I have been using Savox for about 2.5 years now and have just recently burned out my first one. It was an old servo so it was bound to go out soon anyways. I know Savox makes Align servos but Savox cost more and Align pays for the specs they want. Its your choice as to what you look at.

xokia

I despise align servos and would run away fast. Sell them to someone who likes them. They just don't last in a crash and are expensive to repair.
The kst215 is a better servo in every way possible. It's supported by dual bearing top and bottom and just an all around better product. I use the tgy-306g-hv which is the same thing really good servos.

Last edited:

Admiral

I have helicopters with DS415, DS416 & DS430 servos in them I find them value for money, I'm only a sports flyer so am probably easy on servos. The DS430's are working well I would have no problem buying more of them. Hope this helps.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's what i bought was DS16 for the cyclic and wasn't happy with my first flight. One of the servos went bad right away while hovering and you know what happen next so now i have the chance to swap out for the KST 215MG to try out. Hope they don't let me down and the heli

cml001

Give the MKS a look... I run the 92A+ cyclic & the 95i for the tail.. I think they have the 93 models to replace the 92s now... Anyway.. WONDERFUL servos! Fast as can be and take a crash well.. I've went in with my 450 4 or 5 times this year and only had to re-gear once... Still no slop.. My 2 cents... Good luck.

prior8t2000

Going to replace mine with DS215MG. Not happy myself having to rebuild them too. Gets expensive repairing if you ask here also..

Top Bottom