Quad Picked up a phantom 2

xokia

Recently picked up a phantom 2 with the h3-2d zenmuse gimble. I am getting about 20 min flight times with a gopro attached. It shoots pretty nice video and its stupid easy to fly. I am pretty happy with it so far.

041DB004-81DD-4CD8-A2E7-23FD28BA3156-10001-00000572C985F875_zpsa49bc1fe.gif

1F980658-958D-42B7-8A25-9A88019BE476-10001-00000572D43D5984_zps87c24464.gif

IMG_1436_zpsb030bcf8.gif

Lee

Looks great. I'm keen to give one of these a go, but i think its more likely to be the Blade 350QX.

xokia

Looks great. I'm keen to give one of these a go, but i think its more likely to be the Blade 350QX.
It really just depends on what you intend to do with the quad copter. I want to be able to shoot video. The phantom comes with a remote that has a handy "tilt" lever on the back of the remote. So you can tilt the camera while flying. I also get 20 min flight time with the camera and gimble mounted. You can also easily upgrade the DJI to waypoints and FPV. It's already wired up for the other components you just have to connect them.

If you want just a quad to push around the air the blade is probably a better bet since its cheaper. These quads get kind of boring fast though if all you intend to do is push it around the sky.

I kind of liken it to riding 4 wheelers. There are only so many donuts you can do before its just boring!!!

Last edited:

xokia

So I have kind of a funny story. I got stopped on New Years by a police officer outside my house. It was probably 2am and I was buzzing up and down my street. He was a nice guy and just wanted to check it out and see what it was. We were talking for a little while and he said its only a matter of time before he gets UFO calls from my neighborhood. lol! For those that don't know the phantom lights up pretty bright in the sky and is pretty simple to fly in the pitch dark.

Top Bottom