ESC Physically inspect your new ESC before soldering

sarconastic

I ordered a new Mystery 50Amp ESC with an external BEC so that I could put a nicer motor and possibly extra servos for flaps in the new AF 182 . The packaging looked fine, no tears or holes in it anywhere. Got it out and soldered my motor connector barrels on, heat shrinked everything and my battery connector soldered on and was just about to hook it up to the programmer and battery for the first time setup when I noticed one of the caps looked funny. Looked closer and there is a puncture in the end of the cap. That won't take long for that to fail for sure. Glad I caught it before I flew it.

Fortunately they refunded without me returning it. So I ordered another one and I will repair this one for a spare. I have the cap to replace it, but I don't have any shrink wrap large enough to cover a 50A esc. Gotta find a piece of that yet.

esc hole.jpg

Later

Woody

esc hole.jpg

sarconastic

I used to do electronics bench repair work and went to college for Electronics engineering so this is a pretty straight forward repair. 2 solder joints. Basic electrolytic capacitor. I don't get to do this kind of work much anymore so it is fun for me again. Just replacing the shrink wrap is the hard part. Can only find whole rolls in that size. they cost more than the esc did lol.

Later

Woody

pvolcko

What size you need? I have a bunch of different sizes here that might work. Would cut you off a slab and mail it.

sarconastic

Thanks, I ordered a supply for myself so I have it if needed. Appreciate the offer though. Already received the new one so i can start putting the plane together.

Woody

Top Bottom