Phoenix help for beginner

Callum

New to R/C helis and Simulators.

Got my first heli yesterday, blade mSR with DX6i.

Ive got the mSR setup to Tx with tonys guide, trimmed (i think) and had a shot of hovering which went ok but I really need some practice to learn the basics and orientation.

Ive purchased Pheonix and have it setup to the DX6i thanks to a thread on here.

What would be the best model to learn on in Pheonix?
The mSR seems to hover much more easier in the sim, is there any changes i should make to make things trickier? Another model more suitable? or should I stick with mSR and learn the basics?

Thanks

Callum

Derek

Here is my suggestion...look for Westy, here on the forum. He has awesome "Phoenix" tutorials.

Here is a link to his playlist of helpful tutorials: HOW TO PHOENIXRC - Westy Style!!

When you have time...check them out. Very helpful.

Something that I did when I first got the Phoenix sim...I chose a 700 sized heli...Trex 700, Goblin 700, whatever. Something big that I could see easily and I played around with it for a long time. Then I started messing around with other heli's of various sizes.

Also...since you have the Phoenix Sim and the DX6i is programmed...join up with us online and we can fly together and help you out along your way. Look in the Phoenix Sim thread to see when someone may be online to fly with.

Lee

I don't like flying the small helis on Phoenix. Try one of the bigger ones as Derek suggested. The Raptors are a nice stable 6/700 size. I will be onlone later to fly if you want to join us.

Callum

Derek,
Thanks ill definately try something bigger and check out Westys tutorials.

Lee,
To be honest mate ive literally only had an hour on it and havent even found the online part of it nevermind understand how it works.

Ill try get to grips with it over next few days when i have spare time and definately get online soon. Appreciate that.

Callum

Derek

Yeah, getting online and flying with other pilots is super easy. We start a new flight session...usually called RCH (always in caps) and the flight session is always passworded so that RCH members can fly with other RCH members. If you are online with one other RCH member, the voice chat seems to work pretty well on Phoenix, so you can talk back and forth with each other. If many people are in the same flight session at the same time, many of us have discovered that it's just easier to use Skype for video chat.

Just take your time and play around with the settings and the options and if you have questions...just ask. We'll get ya straightened out.

Tony

Staff member
Getting on line is pretty easy. At the top of the sim, you will see "Multiplayer". click on that and click Sign in. After putting in your info, click sign in. Then, you are going to see a list of rooms. If you see "RcHelp" in there, then that is one of us from the forum. The password will always be "RCH" in all caps to keep things simple. To sign into a room that is already created, click on the room then click on Join Session. then just enter the password. If there is no room for RcHelp, you may make your own as long as you use the "RcHelp" name, and RCH as the password. People from the forum will see that you are in there, and they will come in to fly. Once they are in there, you can pick their brain on what you want to know.

We are here to help, so don't hesitate to ask ANY question! No matter how small you think it is.

Callum

Had some good time on Phoenix over last few days. I'm finding that the 4ch models such as the mSR are harder to fly than CP, or at least to get them to go where I want. I find the Blade SR best for me followed by trex 250.
Still learning the basics but finding the balloon bursting game has brought my sim flying on leaps and bounds.

Flying my mSR on the other hand hasn't been just as great. I can fly around the living room and picking it up quite nicely but ventured outside on first dry day and didn't quite go way I expected.

Couldn't seem to get the hang of FFF and would drift away from me in the light breeze and couldn't pick up enough speed to overcome and bring it back. Perhaps I should confine the mSR to the house and look into something bigger for when I'm ready for outside, ill try again the next calm day.

Happy with progress anyway :chuncky:

Top Bottom