Phoenix Flight Simulator Officially Discontinued

Tony

Staff member
You all have been pressuring me to bring back some form of Sim Sunday so today (Thanksgiving (USA)) I went looking at different simulators. First, I just checked Steam to see what they had, then I checked in on RealFlight (OMG) and then I went over to the Phoenix Rc site and the image below explains it all...

Capture.PNG

I have had a feeling for a while, and have mentioned it on many of the live streams, but now it is confirmed. With such a great simulator targeted towards Spektrum users (the most abundant on the planet as far as I'm concerned), this comes as quite a shock. I know, I have been saying it, but seeing it is something completely different.

So where do we go from here? I'm not quite sure yet. I have some information on AccuRC2 (which I have been horribly disappointed with so far for online play) so we will have to see where this goes. There is also neXRc and of course RealFlight, the most expensive of them all.

Just know I have not forgotten about Sim Sunday and I'm still trying to bring it back. Of course Phoenix is still out there and is still an option, but we will never get any new "official" upgrades. It's a sad day in the sim community.

Admiral

Have you looked at Heli-X it is not that expensive around $80 runs on Window 32 & 64, MAC Os & Linux has multi player online and apparently the next version which is in development now with add Plane as well as the Helicopters & quads that the current version has. I tried it at version 6 liked it but balked when at wanted more money to go to version 6.1 now that they have version 7 with version 8 coming soon I will have another look.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like another RealFlight if they are wanting money for updates. I will look into it though.

RandyDSok

I completely understand a company charging reasonable fee for updates to major versions but I do feel minor revisions should be included. I just don't feel that RealFlight's upgrade fee is reasonable. I suspect that Phoenix would still be around if they had charged for the major updates...

Tony

Staff member
I would be more than happy to pay $50 for an upgrade to the next major version. But having to pay over a bill is just crazy IMO.

murankar

Staff member
Just do nextRc its very cost friendly. Most our members can afford a sub $100 sim that works with all controllers. Graphics are decent and the feeling is real close to real life, to me that is. Plus its available on Mac and Linux.

Top Bottom