Projects Peace Drone, Canard type wing layout

Tasajara

Well I have not built a scratch build plane in a while, so I saw this one on youtube and decided to give it a try.

The fuze is made from Dollar Tree foam board. 3 1/2" square giving me 3" inside for cargo.
The two wings are made from BlueCore foam from Lowes.

Covered with Packing tape and some iron on covering. I went with the tie dye look because the plane is called a Peace Drone.
You can look up this plane by searching Ansley Peace Drone on YouTube.

Here are a few of my build pics of what I have done so far.

01 Peace Drone.JPG

2 Peace Drone.JPG

3 Peace Drone.JPG

4 Peace Drone.JPG

6 Peace Drone.JPG

7 Peace Drone.JPG

8 Peace Drone.JPG

9 Peace Drone.JPG

11 Peace Drone.jpg

12 Peace Drone.jpg

I did put two spars in the wing that are not in my pics

13 Peace Drone.jpg

14 Peace Drone.JPG

15 Peace Drone.jpg

16 Peace Drone.JPG

17 Peace Drone.JPG

18 Peace Drone.JPG

19 Peace Drone.JPG

20 Peace Drone.JPG

01 Peace Drone.JPG

2 Peace Drone.JPG

3 Peace Drone.JPG

4 Peace Drone.JPG

6 Peace Drone.JPG

7 Peace Drone.JPG

8 Peace Drone.JPG

9 Peace Drone.JPG

11 Peace Drone.jpg

12 Peace Drone.jpg

13 Peace Drone.jpg

14 Peace Drone.JPG

15 Peace Drone.jpg

16 Peace Drone.JPG

17 Peace Drone.JPG

18 Peace Drone.JPG

19 Peace Drone.JPG

20 Peace Drone.JPG

Tasajara

Looked good, I see you added the 15" pod on the front also. Did the wing placement seem a little close to you with the pod on the front?

It looks like you placed the wings on the 30" section as suggested.

Derek

Looked good, I see you added the 15" pod on the front also. Did the wing placement seem a little close to you with the pod on the front?

It looks like you placed the wings on the 30" section as suggested.

Personally, I like the look of the added nose pod. It has made it very easy for me to have two pods. One for FPV and one for just normal LOS flying.

Unfortunately, I have crashed the Peace Drone that was in the above video. Crashed it beyond repair. So...I've built a new one. I just like how "non-ordinary" this plane looks. As for the wing placement, on my new Peace Drone, I have the canard centered on the joint between the main fuselage and the nose pod. My first Peace Drone, I had the leading edge of the canard directly on that joint. As long as the plane balances out, I've not noticed any ill tendencies in the flight behavior. It's just an awesome floater.

Tasajara

Thanks... I was thinking of moving the canard forward to the joint section, I just feel that it would keep from having and odd induced pitch from the two wings being closer.
But from all I have seen it seems to fly just fine with the 15" cg from the rear. I will mount all my gear in the nose and glue it in place. I have a truck so I am not worried about breaking it down
to a smaller size.

Derek

Thanks... I was thinking of moving the canard forward to the joint section, I just feel that it would keep from having and odd induced pitch from the two wings being closer.
But from all I have seen it seems to fly just fine with the 15" cg from the rear. I will mount all my gear in the nose and glue it in place. I have a truck so I am not worried about breaking it down
to a smaller size.

I am on my third Peace Drone. I haven't had a chance to fly the new one yet but the other two that I had, I had the canard wing leading edge directly on that joint in the fuselage. The plane flew fantastically well with the CG at 15" from either tip of the 30" fuselage. I could fly without my FPV gear on board and I'd just slide the batteries forward about 2". Then fly the plane with the FPV pod on board and slide the batteries back that same 2".

My previous fuselages were 2" x 2". I did add a 2" x 3/4" piece of foam board to the fuselage, directly below the middle of the leading edge of the canard wing. Doing this gave the canard a bit of angle of incidence. Doing this allow the plane to climb, gently just by adding throttle. I have done a bit of testing without that small piece of foam board and the plane still flies very well. The Peace Drone that I have now, I do have that small piece of foam board to raise the leading edge because I just liked it.

It's just an awesome plane. FPV or no FPV...just awesome!!! That's great that you don't have to worry about breaking your plane down. I have two SUV's, so it almost necessary to have my Peace Drone collapsible. Good luck with yours! I'll be watching for your flight video.

Tasajara

I decided to make my fuze 3 1/2" outside 3" inside. Just give me a little more room to place a GoPro 3 in the nose.
Also I was thinking of running it on a system I had on my skywalker 4s 5000mAh Power 15 with a 9x6 .
I may check the static amp draw and see how large I can go. May be a larger prop with less pitch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom