Chargers Parallel Charging, Gotta love it :)

Lee

I got the Hyperion parallel charge board for my MCPX batteries.
Wow what a difference. Instead of charging one battery every 20/30mins, now i charge all six in the same amount of time.
How it works.
The charge board sees one big 1S battery instead of six little ones.
So 6x 300mah batteries become 1x 1800mah battery, and this is how you would set your charger. Tried it for the first time today. 27mins later all charged and ready for action :)

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the batteries are close in voltage before you plug them into the board together. If one is at 2.8 volts, and another is at 4.2, the higher one will charge the lower one at the highest discharge rate exceeding the max charge rate of the lower battery.

Lee

I thought i heard, If you plug them into the board and wait a while before charging, the batteries even themselves out. Or am i wrong.??

Lee

Anyway i flew all my batteries today for 3mins each. All came down with 3.93 dead on :)

Tony

Staff member
Yes, they will even out, but by the way of what I explained above. A full battery could charge a lower battery at upwards of 20c charge rate and could damage it.

Lee

Ah, that be not very good for battery :D Getting good power from the nanos with this set up.

Tony

Staff member
yeah, those 300's that I'm using are getting warm in the 3 minutes I was flying them but not hot. I'm wanting to try the 550's just to compare then. Might get a couple of them when I order my tail motor.

Lee

When you see my flights in the wind, i was pushing them all the way. They came down cold as ice :) For what i need the MCPX for, the CO5 motor is perfect. Yes i can bog the motor if i try, but if i can piroflip in 20mph winds, thats good enough for me.

Tony

Staff member
You need to stop talking good about the C05 motor before you make me buy one to compare hahaha.

Top Bottom