General Parallel charging 130x Batteries

Slobberdog

Guys

Does anybody parallel charge these batts, if so can you explain how it does it, i mean does each cell get balanced charged, :disturbed:

Lee

Did you get a parallel balance board for the batteries?
When you plug in the parallel board to your charger, you will then have to set it to the correct cell count 1S,2S... what ever the batteries are, and add up the total Mah of the batteries. So if you have 3 2S 300mah batteries for example. The charger would be set to 2S at 900Mah for a 1C charge rate. Show me a picture of your battery set up with the board you are using.

Slobberdog

have not bought one yet...... but was unsure of how it works, i am thinking for the longevity of the batteries it would be better to charge them one at a time as this way you know its getting balanced properly, the way i see it if you have there 2s packs and as you say 300mah each set it too 900mah how does it know how much to put in pack 1 2 or 3 as it looks for the total mah/voltage

Lee

It just sees each battery as in individual cell. The parallel board is still connected to the balance port on the charger. I charge all my batteries on a parallel board and have no issues with it. All my batteries balance well. And it saves a tonne of time on charging.
Heres my set up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337531867.496024.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That or a spider type will work fine. I use that board too for bigger batteries.. but for my 130x I had just gotten a parallel spider connector for the batteries .. ( I sold all mine..) I actually had converted the bird to micro deans so I converted my slider parallel charging connectors to deans too

You can make one yourself just as easily.. But readymade ones are available on a particular website..

The paraboard what lee pointed in that pic will not work with 130 batteries because if you are keeping the 130 batteries at stock connector, you don't have the main charging wires (something to go into the banana plug on a normal charger) .. You just have the balance (3 pin) port on the batteries for charge and draw.

Ill post a link for something that will work with 130 batteries.

I have a two battery parallel charger for blade 130 stock batteries lying around (forgot I had it).. If someone wants it, pay the shipping and its yours..

You want that.. I can ship it to you.. But you being in Wales.. might be better getting yours orderd from a website.. you can then get more parallel legs from them.. Ill post a link...

-------------------------------------EDITED-----------------------------------------------
After I was declared drunk :p :D

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

pvolcko

I use epbuddy stuff for most of my charging needs, they have a paraboard for these batteries:

Micro ParaBoard - PH3 for UMX and 130X

To save a bit of month you can also get a para-cord and not bother parallel balance charging. You don't need to balance every recharge (particularly after you've cycled them a few times). Can just para charge and then every 10 or so flights do an individual balance on each battery.

callsign4223

Staff member
I use the epbuddy paraboard for my 130x batts. It works fine, has a balance plug and a main charge cable. I only balance mine every 5-10 flights.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
now thats cool that epbuddy has those paraboards too.. I definitely recommend those paraboards. I use Paraboards like I said for my 6S packs.. Love them!

xokia

I actually had converted the bird to micro deans so I converted my slider parallel charging connectors to deans too
How do you like the micro deans? I converted one of my helicopters and I dont like them. With a post sticking out of each connector its to easy to short the battery. I wish they would have put them on the same connector. Make one male and the battery female.

Slobberdog

Thanks guys, bought the e-flite banana plugs to ums to xh lead to do the job for now, stock charger out of the box might as well go in the bin, would take ages to charge with that blooming thing.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
How do you like the micro deans? I converted one of my helicopters and I dont like them. With a post sticking out of each connector its to easy to short the battery. I wish they would have put them on the same connector. Make one male and the battery female.

I used them on my mcpx and never shorted a pack. And I had 15 packs lol

And never shorter a 130 one.. There is one sticking out, but the other is way receded. No chance if short

I don't fly micro birds anymore though. Done with them

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Stambo

Something that appears to have been overlooked here is that when parallel charging batteries all should be in a similar state of charge or discharge. They also should be left to even out for 10 minutes or so before charging. If one battery is in a higher state of charge, it will discharge in to the others at an uncontrolled rate until they are even. If an almost full battery was plugged in to a spider with a flat one current would flow at the maximum discharge rate of the full battery in to the flat one. This is way beyond the recomended charge rate and could shorten their life dramatically.

Westy

LEGEND
Good Point Stambo! Good POint indeed... it is like when you plug in a 12s battery ... the caps take the full charge and ZAAAPPPP!!!!! but with a battery it has WAY more storage capacity than a set of Capacitors and will certainly over extend its chemical capabilities!

Top Bottom