Chargers parallel board question

studio398

in one of Tony's vids, about charging lipos in parallel, it looks like the two para boards are daisy chained without having to tap into one of the 6 main and parallel slots on top of the board, if that makes sense. it looks like there is a direct connection coming out the back of one board, and the second one ties right into that. same for the second parallel connection.

it is hard to tell by looking at the picture, but does someone own this para board, and know if you can tap into it from the side or end with out using up one set of the 6 main and para slots on the board? :

Hobbyking Parallel charging Board for 6 packs 2~6S (XT-60) (AR Warehouse)

if not, is there one i could get that has this feature. i'm looking for one that has xt60 connectors.

thanks,
pat

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
in one of Tony's vids, about charging lipos in parallel, it looks like the two para boards are daisy chained without having to tap into one of the 6 main and parallel slots on top of the board, if that makes sense. it looks like there is a direct connection coming out the back of one board, and the second one ties right into that. same for the second parallel connection.

it is hard to tell by looking at the picture, but does someone own this para board, and know if you can tap into it from the side or end with out using up one set of the 6 main and para slots on the board? :

Hobbyking Parallel charging Board for 6 packs 2~6S (XT-60) (AR Warehouse)

if not, is there one i could get that has this feature. i'm looking for one that has xt60 connectors.

thanks,
pat
Hey Pat, that's the same one i was looking at but with the EC3 connectors. I don't think my charger has enough watts to run no more then two. I'm also interested in one because charging 3@ 3s + 3@ 6s at one time is really soooo.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, you can't chain that one together like I did in teh video. In the video, I was using two EPBuddy boards and they have bullet connectors in the bottom of them as well as another balance port. This is how I had it, I had the second board plugged into the first board just as I had the first board plugged into the charger.

studio398

i know what you mean! i am going to have a 1150 watt power supply at 24 volts, with a 300 watt charger, and possibly a 1000 watt charger down the road.

i'd really like to daisy chain these para boards without losing a board slot.

pat

- - - Updated - - -

thanks, Tony. where might i get one of these EPBuddy boards?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Tony

Staff member
I ordered my paraboard from BuddyRc. Fast shipping and their stuff just works. Here is a link to all of them, chose the one with the correct plugs for your setup.

ParaBoard

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry to be a pain but i need a new charger? Right now i have Copter x B601 for about 3 yrs and she works fine, if you like to charge one battery at a time but i think is time for a new one. Since i have two birds now, Tarot 450- 3s/ Gaui X3- 6s. Both birds have 6 batteries each. Can you recommend a set up that will not kill my budget. I'll be happy if i can charge atleast 3 battery at one time. I appreciate your time and help everyone!

Slobberdog

Hey Pat, that's the same one i was looking at but with the EC3 connectors. I don't think my charger has enough watts to run no more then two. I'm also interested in one because charging 3@ 3s + 3@ 6s at one time is really soooo.

D.O.G. you can only charge batteries of the same cell count together. Unless you go for a dual output charger.

Sorry to be a pain but i need a new charger? Right now i have Copter x B601 for about 3 yrs and she works fine, if you like to charge one battery at a time but i think is time for a new one. Since i have two birds now, Tarot 450- 3s/ Gaui X3- 6s. Both birds have 6 batteries each. Can you recommend a set up that will not kill my budget. I'll be happy if i can charge atleast 3 battery at one time. I appreciate your time and help everyone!

Best budget setup would prob be the 2x dps600pb floated power supply (as done by Tony) and the iCharger 306b, its a solid charger that does what it says on the tin, couple that with a good quality para board witch is fused and heat protected circuits and you should be good to go

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
D.O.G. you can only charge batteries of the same cell count together. Unless you go for a dual output charger.

Best budget setup would prob be the 2x dps600pb floated power supply (as done by Tony) and the iCharger 306b, its a solid charger that does what it says on the tin, couple that with a good quality para board witch is fused and heat protected circuits and you should be good to go
Thank you slobberdog! I don't want dual output. I'll be happy with charging 3 batteries "Same cell count" at the same time and then charge the other 3s battery. Same goes with the 6s batteries. It's getting old charging batteries all night long so i can fly the next day. Having Insomnia helps but i rather not spend all my time charging batteries. Thank you again and i will check out icharger.

Slobberdog

look at progressiverc they do charger and paraboard bundles that will give you an idea of what you need then shop around.

Tony

Staff member
I as well suggest that you get the dual PSU and 306b, the same setup that I have. Get a paraboard and you can charge up to 6 of the same s rated packs together. I'm thinking about upgrading my setup, and if I do, I will be selling my 306b. Might even sell my psu's.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I as well suggest that you get the dual PSU and 306b, the same setup that I have. Get a paraboard and you can charge up to 6 of the same s rated packs together. I'm thinking about upgrading my setup, and if I do, I will be selling my 306b. Might even sell my psu's.
Hey there Tony. I would be interested in purchasing that charger if you decide to sell it. By the way Tony, i lower my timing on my Yep 60a ESC like you and RCH members suggested. Seem to work! Thank you all for the recent help and future help.

Top Bottom