1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Prop P-51 Mustang?

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by fireman7234, May 15, 2017.

< 2204 motor that isn't running up to speed | Decent receiver >
  1. fireman7234

fireman7234 Member

Electrician/Firefighter
    I was giving this plane it came with a brushed motor I want to put a brushless motor in it. Plane has a 30" wing span and a 8.5x6 prop im new to the hobby need some recommendations on what motor to go with? Not looking for anything to fast.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

In all honesty, I would try to match the prop size to a motor with about the same dimensions as the one that you have on there now. It is a lot of work to find, but unless you know the size of the stock motor, this is the best way. If you have the size of the stock motor though, it will make the search much faster.

Palehorse01 likes this.
  3. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

You'd also need to know what the specs on the gear box are... so you could find the right kV to look for as a starting point.

Palehorse01 likes this.
  4. Admiral

Admiral Well-Known Member

Information Technology (Retired)
    It looks very similar in design and build as a 30" foam Corsair that I had and did a brushless upgrade on, I went too big and had a rocket ship, it flew, but torque rolled like hell and was nose heavy, I used the motor and propeller from the 1100mm Durafly Corsair, was great fun though.

If I were doing it again I would probably use Motor: 2825-1950kv Brushless outrunner motor ESC: 20A High-Spec 3~4S and start with an 850 mAh 3S battery that way if it didn't have enough power I could upgrade it by going to a 4S battery, I would also use a 5.5x 4.5 propeller.

The Corsair with too much power on too small an oval.

Palehorse01 likes this.
  5. Oldensly

Oldensly Member

RETARED
    Looks to me as if it kept you very busy while it was flying! Ah but the end is sad. Recoup, regroup and forge ahead!

< 2204 motor that isn't running up to speed | Decent receiver >