Kits P-40 Warhawk Build Thread

Tony

Staff member
I guess it's time to create a thread on this P-40 build. This kit was sent to me by @rcmaniac

This is the TopFlite P-40 Warhawk Gold Edition Kit from way back when. There are some items damaged inside the box thanks to some mice (not my doing), but I don't think it is anything that we can overcome with this build. It's just balsa after all.

This is a full 100% balsa build and is NOT an ARF kit. I'm a little worried about starting a project this size without having built anything like this in quite a few years. But, I guess it will come back to me lol. Okay, I HOPE it comes back to me. Otherwise I'm going to destroy a very expensive kit!!!

This is the first step of the process, getting it on the table. And bad things just happened when I opened it up. There was something inside it, dust, pollen, something and holy hell my allergies just kicked into overdrive. This is going to be an interesting build to say the least IF I can even get through it...

The beginning...

61398442_2376620765721257_268189822525374464_n.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I have been going through some of the stuff in the box, and doing some research on this kit, and people are taking up to 200 hours to complete this kit. Just WOW!!! But I definitely hope it turns out as good as it should lol.

Admiral

Back to basics, it will all come back to you when you start, bit like riding a bike.

Keep us updated.

Top Bottom