Batteries Out with old in with new!!!!

wolfman76

Well here they are and they are a little bit bigger but still not sure if the blue lipo is to puffed or not

ForumRunner_20130421_123324.png

How much is to puffed?

ForumRunner_20130421_123441.png

ForumRunner_20130421_123324.png

ForumRunner_20130421_123441.png

Tony

Staff member
I honestly dont' see any puffing on that blue lipo. Still looks like it did wen it was new. You sure do take batter care of your batteries than I do lmao.

Lee

Thats not puffed :D When it starts to look more like a balloon then you know its puffed :D

Westy

LEGEND
thats fine! run it till it blows! .... you will know when it is done .... its flight time will drastically reduce ... or it will get extra hot!

wolfman76

It is a bit puffed but i don't want it to blow with three bird in the air and burn up the heli if ya know what i mean... It is puffed a little at the end opposite the writes

Tony

Staff member
Nah man, I think you are looking into it just a bit too much. That pack is perfectly fine from what I can see. Some batteries, like the ones that you just purchased, have a plastic piece at the end that will make it "feel" puffed, but it's not. there is going to be a little bit of air in them, that is normal. When you start to get a LOT of air in there, I'm talking the pack is starting to look round on ALL sides, then you need to think about hooking it up to an automotive headlight and draining that sucker as far down as you can get it. The pack you have, I would toss that in any plane that I have without worry.

wolfman76

Ok Kewl was worried bout that seen to many videos where the heli or plane got burnt up in mid flight...

Tony

Staff member
That is kinda like a bad review. When something new comes out, the ONLY reviews you see on it are the issues. Just look at the 130x. Massive tail issues is all you read about. What you don't read about is the stability of that thing and what it can do to teach you. People that have a working heli don't go out and tell people that it's working, they go out there and tell people that it broke.

Same goes for the batteries. Millions of these are being used all over the world, and the only time you hear anything about them is when someone out there has an issue. Just like with anything else, there are issues that will come up and skip through QC and make it to the end user. It happens. I do not feel this is one of those times however. I think you have a pack that has puffed maybe, I stress MAYBE, a little, but not enough to worry about.

xokia

I've puffed a 45-90c nano-tech in my 450 before doing some pitch pumps. Nothing major but it did puff a little not balloon size. I think its normal because I have continued to use it with no issues. The puffing also went down some when the battery cooled down.

So you might have some minor puffing but nothing I would worry about.

Top Bottom