General Oscillation and gain adjustment with AR635

Vegas1010

Hey y'all, I just recently purchased a parkzone Visionaire with the AS3X and AR635 receiver.
Sorry if I sound like I shouldn't even be able to own an RC airplane, but, what is oscillation and gain adjustment? I think I may know what to oscillation is. Is that where the airplane wants to "twitch" real fast up and down or even left or right due the the AS3X trying to correct it all the time. I had my maiden flight with it today and totally love it. Although and higher speeds the rudder seems to make the tail jump up and down real fast (speeds between 80% and 100% throttle) during straight and level flight. Geez, this stuff is complicating lol. Now, on to the gain adjustment. Would I just want to turn the gain down on the rudder or would I turn it up. I think it would be better to just completely turn it off (if thats possible) and have 100% control all the time. Would that be a good idea or not? Would it be better to just "tame" if down and still get some assistants out of it? There's no one in my immediate area the I can meet with and talk about, so you guys are the only "flying buddies" I have. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and by the way, I was able to fly trough 3 batteries, never crashed at all, it the landings weren't to bad either. I'm sorry if that statement came out a little cocky. I was just really stoked and proud of myself to only be flying 5-6 weeks. This hobby is, WAY MORE FUN when you don't crash after six seconds of flying lol. Thanks again. Oh, and one more thing, don't know if it matters but I'm using amDX6i tx.

Lee

If the tail is jumping up and down, that would be the elevator.
If its jumping side to side thats the rudder.
If its rolling side to side thats the ailerons.
Which ever it is, just turn down the gain for that channel until the plane flies smoothly.

jklong03

Thunk of gain as if you were controlling a water wheel. Increase the amount of water (increase the gain) the wheel spins faster, lower the amount of water (turn gain down) and the wheel spins slower and more controlable.

Top Bottom