Quad ORDERED MY FIRST QUAD - V949 Upgrade V212 2.4G 6 Axis RC Quadcopter

Westy

LEGEND
Stambo recommended me get it as I have seen him in person fly the V949 ....

So I got the [h=1]V949 Upgrade V212 2.4G 6 Axis RC Quadcopter[/h]
looks good and it says it has a 6 axis gyro and is more stable than even the original stable one I have seen ....

for $50USD including shipping ...... you gotta wonder how these guys make any money!

20130327101711932.JPG

20130327101711932.JPG

wolfman76

they are probably pretty inexpensive to build and sell for so cheep they sell a ton of them and still make a profit....

Stambo

I hope you got plenty of extra batteries as these little things are addictive.
So quick to get in the air too. Turn on TX, plug in battery and you're flying.
I get around 7 minutes of really aggressive flying out of a battery.
A friend of mine that is just learning runs close to 10.
You don't have a 9x anymore do you?
Makes them so much better to fly, I find the throttle on the stock tx a little touchy.
Be interesting to see how different the 212 flies compared to the 949.
And those little landing skids, looks like a perfect place between them for a nano fpv camera. :)

Lee

Welcome to the club Westy. Banggood quads will rule the world soon :D
The 6 axis quads are awesome. You can throw them in the air with no power then give it some throttle and it flips into a perfect hover.

Stambo

Nice.... I think flying these things will help you fly other quads more aggressive

Agreed, I throw mine around and have loads of fun, worst thing that could happen is the loss of a quad you can replace BNF for about $40.
So far with everything mine has hit I've picked it up and flown again.
I did finally break an arm but that was a fence post that stepped in to the path of an incoming quad. I now have some spares.
I find I am definitely more confident with the 450 quad now and am starting to be a bit more aggressive with it.
Slowly tweaking the KK2 board in to submission.

Stambo

Hey Westy what's the progress on your quad?
I forgot to mention a little hot glue at each end of the arms to stop them working their way out is probably a good idea.
Also balance the props and spray silicon around the gears and prop shaft bushes.
I used laser method to balance mine as the holes are too small for balancer.
I'm sure you gonna love it when you get it. :)

Westy

LEGEND
I have done 4 batteries in it!!!! .... got it last night with the other (LETS NOT TALK ABOUT IT) parts for the 450...........

Laser method? what you talking about?

Westy

LEGEND
inside only .... too wet to go out! ::)

it is so easy my son had a 20min go! ....

it does good flip tricks..... too! awesome

man those guys on that vid ... and PAINFULL! TO WATCH! ... .I ALMOST WANTED TO SMASH THE SCREEN! ... OR DRILL A HOLE IN MY HEAD

Last edited:

Stambo

Yeah but good way to balance small props though huh.
Worked well for me.
Did you get some gws props?
They make a fun quad even better.

Westy

LEGEND
I just made up a parallel loom for my Parallel board so instead of it taking 60 mins per battery ... I can throw 3 on at once and cook them in 20 mins on my Mega 400 charger!

Stambo

I just made up a parallel loom for my Parallel board so instead of it taking 60 mins per battery ... I can throw 3 on at once and cook them in 20 mins on my Mega 400 charger!

I done the same but I have Mega 200 x2. Excellent charger, can charge anything I use.

Westy

LEGEND
Iwill get another 5 in 1 parralel connector next time I am getting something from Banggood .... they are only $1.95 each free delivery! ha ha Gotta love the china man!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Now this is what i hate about RC..they always come out with cool stuff and i want them all..LOL

:warning: addictive...is what should be labeled in every RC site.

Top Bottom