Other OrangeRx not binding properly to DX8

Derek

It's odd...I had this 6 channel OrangeRx bound to my DX8 for my Delta Wing for a very long time. My sisters' boyfriend got a Parkzone Typhoon 3D plane, for cheap, and I sold him my OrangeRx, with remote satellite, for $5. I was trying to help him save some money.

Anyway...like I said I had this rx bound to my DX8 for a long time and everything worked just fine. Now, I'm trying to bind that same rx to my DX8 and it will partially bind, if that makes sense. The two orange lights will blink, then go out, then turn on with solid orange. The control surfaces, on the plane, will move but no throttle and it just beeps and beeps and beeps, over and over. I can bind the OrangeRx to my DX6i and to his DX6i but not my DX8...which is odd. Especially considering that I did have this same rx bound to my DX8, as stated above.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this rx won't rebind to my DX8 again?

Derek

WOW! I am really at a loss here.

I just tried a different bind plug, thinking that maybe my bind plug was faulty, but still no luck. I can't imagine that my bind plug would be faulty since it does "partially" bind.

I just tried creating a NEW profile in my DX8 and still get the same results.

This is just odd because it does "partially" bind but it should "completely" bind because it was originally on one of my own planes and it worked just fine.

Derek

It is the older style of OrangeRx with the DSM2. When a new profile is started, the DX8 defaults to DSMX. However, when binding, the DX8 is smart enough to know the difference and automatically bound in DSM2....just as it did when I had it originally bound to my Wing. It's odd...seriously odd! I did try to manually change it to DSMX....no luck. I then tried to manually change it to DSM2...no luck. My chin in on the floor and I'm scratching my head.

I wish I could come up with a solution because I'd like to use my DX8 when we buddy box. I'm going to help my sisters boyfriend learn to fly. However, since I have the troubles here, I've just bound the OrangeRx to my DX6i (without issues) and we'll just go that route. I'm not happy about it because I really like how the DX8 feels. I guess I'll just take the good with the bad and we'll move on, lol.

Thanks Paul!

Lee

Thats is weird. I was going to suggest the different bind plug method, but you already tried that.
I would bung an Email to HH. Maybe they have an answer for you.

Tony

Staff member
If you are hearing nothing but a series of beeps, maybe you need to calibrate your ESC. Try lowering your trim all the way down on the throttle. Then try the ESC throttle calibration.

pvolcko

And you can check if the throttle channel is really working or not but plugging a servo into that channel on the Rx and see if it is moving as expected.

I've had horrible luck with OrangeRx units. I bought three of the 9ch DSM2 units and two would not bind or only bound once and would never bind again. One I have yet to try. I also have a 8ch DSMX unit but haven't tried it yet. Only thing that has worked is a DSM2/X satellite I have hooked up to an old 7ch Spektrum Rx.

Derek

If you are hearing nothing but a series of beeps, maybe you need to calibrate your ESC. Try lowering your trim all the way down on the throttle. Then try the ESC throttle calibration.

ok, I'll try that.

And you can check if the throttle channel is really working or not but plugging a servo into that channel on the Rx and see if it is moving as expected.

I've had horrible luck with OrangeRx units. I bought three of the 9ch DSM2 units and two would not bind or only bound once and would never bind again. One I have yet to try. I also have a 8ch DSMX unit but haven't tried it yet. Only thing that has worked is a DSM2/X satellite I have hooked up to an old 7ch Spektrum Rx.

I have 4 OrangeRx's and this is the first issue that I've had with them. I'm not sure that I can fully blame the rx. It was working just fine two weeks ago with my DX8 and now, it will bind...but only the control surfaces will move...no throttle. However, I can bind it to my DX6i and everything works as it should.

Derek

I'd just like to report back on the troubles that were happening here. It was suggested, above, that I lower the throttle trim all the way down and then try to rebind the OrangeRx to my DX8.

I did lower the throttle trim all the way down and it worked as it should. Unbelievable! I have never had to do this before, nor have I heard about anyone having to do this before, lol. But...I will surely remember this tip as a potential remedy.

Top Bottom