Spektrum orange recievers for spektrum

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hey guys.

I am a noob in this area. Donot have the shamncy equipment to test all the rx's and tx's.. but i just post info when I get any from someone i believe is dependable.

I have found out from asking a lot of people, that the ORange recievers, as good and cheap they are, are not good to use with helicopters or anything where they are installed close to a brushless motor.

THey are good for gliders, planes and all, but not very much for heli's. I talked to tony and he said that he was having issues with it too. But I am saying this, cause the guy in LHS showed me how much RF is generated from the brushless outrunner motor, and the build and design or orange does not give it enough SNR to take care of this RF and separate clean signal from it.

I mean people use it, they work, but if you are flying an expensive bird, something thats gonna cost 100-150 bucks to fix on each crash, I would tell you to go with th spektrum ones. Not that htey never glitch, but atleast SPEKTRUM take sfull responsibility of it and reimburses your damage if found to be the RX or TX's fault..

Just my 2 cents! :)

Take care guys!

happy flying!

Tony

Staff member
I have to clarify something, Spektrum will take full responsibility for their own Rx if there is a problem. They will not have anything to do with the OrangeRx, and I don't blame them.

In the world of electronics, they are substandard to say the least. Yes I'm having issues with them, and yes I will be doing a full writeup soon with video about them. Until then, Just play it safe. What Gaba said is correct, they do get RF interference from the electronics on the helis. I'm working on a plane right now to test them out in. So stay tuned.

64impala

I run them in all my planes but I don't fly too far and I have had a couple brownouts at a long distance but haven't lost a plane to failure yet... I am also only flying scratch built (cheap) planes. I will run the spectrum with sat on my helli

RCD

Glencairn Drone
If you want a good cheap Spektrum clone rx, go to GraysonHobby.com. They just got a new Clone that works great! It's only $10! I bought mine from Lazertoyz.com but they both have identicle circuit boards. I've never had an issue.

maizam

Hi to all. I use these clone spektrum orange rx's in both my planes and 450 helis. Never a problem. I did notice a strange thing tho mostly on the planes. At times after a full flight 8-10 min at diff altitudes, i notices that the led light on the rx is blinking , still have full controll on all ch, it just blinks?????? Anyone have any idea as to WHY???

Tony

Staff member
What that means is that the Rx lost power during flight at some time. If it's solid when you started, and is not on solid when you landed. Then at some time during the flight, either the Rx connection from the ESC was lost, or your servos are pulling too much power. You can actually recreate this issue (blinking) by plugging in the Rx, after it turns solid, you can unplug and plug the Rx back in without turning off the Tx, and it will start blinking.

Check all connections, and maybe think about using an external BEC. better safe than sorry.

llommel

I have an Orange rx610 on a foamie I'm building. Bound the rx to the DX6i, the servos work fine but the motor will no move when throttle is moved.
Also, the ESC keep beeping continuously. Any suggestion from anyone?

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
No problem, it sounds like the throttle is set wrong and the motor wont arm. The DX6i has this built in as a safty feature to keep from cutting off body parts. :lol:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No. If its on aeroplane mode throttle hold won't work. If you programmed your trainer switch to be throttle hold then its the trainer switch you'll flick. even then it's not gonna make a difference as I said in aero t hold doesn't work.

Going to reverse in settings menu... And reversing your throttle will make the esc stop beeping.

Now to arm it, many new esc have the feature of built in breaks. To dis arm the breaks , you take the throttle switch all te way up (this is if your motor is not responding to inputs and esc is not beeping currently) and you'll hear beeps , meaning it's armed.. Bring your throttle back down and you are in normal esc mode ready to fly. I have it both my planes.

Remember you disengage your brakes on esc like that, but not engage, so after flight don't try to go all the way up on throttle and back down to arm it again. Every time you power cycle it, brakes engage.

Hope it helps.

llommel

I'm willing to try anything at this stage. My nephew has the same setup with no problem.
I did the whole throttle 0 to 100% per instructions but no luck. I will try the brake program.

llommel

Got it to work. Click the throttle trim all the way down. Tried it before but only clicked it down 15 clicks instead of all the way.
I should have known this myself. One of those things you just forget about when things aren't going right.
Thanks for the suggestion

Parkflyer

Hi to all. I use these clone spektrum orange rx's in both my planes and 450 helis. Never a problem. I did notice a strange thing tho mostly on the planes. At times after a full flight 8-10 min at diff altitudes, i notices that the led light on the rx is blinking , still have full controll on all ch, it just blinks?????? Anyone have any idea as to WHY???

Yes, I have this sometimes when I first power my Heli up, Iv found that if I switch my DX6i off then on...then power up my heli... all is ok (solid light on RX) all ok other than that with the Orange RX...

Lee

If its blinking after the flight, it means the RX lost power momentarily (Brownout) It means that the power was getting very low to the RX. Could be due to binding issues. ie the servos were having to work too hard to move and the Voltage dropped below the RX limit. Hard to check as once you have landed the voltage could go back up and show normal levels. You could add a seperate BEC to keep the power going to the RX smooth. Many internal BEC in your ESC are of low quality and only 3A. I have Castle Creations 10A BECs on my big helis.

Top Bottom