Quad Oops I did it again :(

Stambo

Did an FPV flight this morning that ended rather badly.
I am not quite sure what happened but it got a bit fast and out of control and went a little crazy when I tried to stop it, so I panicked and cut the throttle.
Dumb move really. If I had hit the throttle and got it a bit higher I would have had more time to recover.
I stupidly unplugged the main battery as soon as I picked it up and forgot to stop recording on the cam first so unfortunately no video. :(

Results aren't terrible, a set of props, 2 arms and a lost prop spinner.
I will have it back in the air for another go this afternoon. :)

P1060214.jpg

P1060214.jpg

WyDiablo

Wow sorry to hear about your crash Stambo but they do happen lol. Good thing is that it did not do more damage than it did to the quad. It will be easy to repair and ffy again.

Stambo

Ouch dude. Did you have SL on?

Yeah I always fly with SL on, I can only blame myself for this one.
I panicked because it was going so fast away from home and tried to turn too fast without slowing down a bit first.
It felt like it was going to turn over but KK2 with self level just won't do that.
If I had just relaxed, let everything go and gave some more throttle to climb I would have been fine.
I was only about 300 meters out so range was not an issue.
Never mind, lesson for the future, no major damage.
Although I may have bent a couple of motor shafts as I cannot seem to get rid of vibrations from 2 of the props now.
I may have to cannibalize my X quad for a couple of motors until I put my next HK order in.

I have just got my plank (wooden H quad) back in the air after some massive weight and size reduction.
I have some Turnigy 1100kv 330w motors, 30amp Simonk flashed ESCs running 4s 5000.
It is slightly larger than a 250 size with the HK crius clone running MegapirateNG.
This thing is a beast, hit the throttle from hover and it climbs like a rocket.
I am starting to come to grips with the Arducopter based firmware but still have a LOT of learning to do.
It flies really well in stabilise mode but as soon as I hit alt hold it starts to sound really angry.
It holds ok but there will be something I can tune to to get rid of that, just gotta find what it is.
Then I can start with the GPS. I am looking forward to playing with loiter and RTL.
I don't know that I would use waypoint navigation so often but RTL could be a handy safety net.

Top Bottom