OMG TONY your anothe ryear older

Tony

Staff member
Thanks bro, but this has to be one of the worst birfdays I have ever had. Got a call this morning from my bank, my account is WAY over drawn, my truck is broke down and I'm trying to get it into the shop to be worked on and no one is answering the phone. This is, by far, the worst birthday I have ever had. And, I'm stuck in Nashville. I need to catch a break.

Tony

Staff member
I sure do hope so. I'm sitting at the Volvo dealership, again (was at the dealership in Carlisle last Thursday), getting work done on the truck. What sucks is, the issues today, less the A/C leak I had (which is covered under warranty, only good thing all day), is it was ALL caused by the last dealership. Turns out, they didn't get the gaskets on my EGR positioned right and it's leaking like crazy, and the wire loom they put on when they replaced my exhaust manifold, they didn't zip tie it up and it melted against my turbo. This caused it to short out, reduce power by about 60% and cause my fuel mileage to go way down costing me money. A LOT of money. Something around $250, just in extra fuel used.

So the other shop should have to pay for it. I could care less who pays for it, as long as it's not me. At this time, they have 3 hours of diagnostic time in the truck which is somewhere north of $500. And they have not replaced anything yet. I was going to pay that just so I could go somewhere and get something to eat and get a shower tonight, but once he told me how much it was, there was just no way I can do that. So, I don't get to eat tonight, don't get to eat in the morning and don't get a shower. Sucks to be me...

trainrider06

Man bummer! How in the world did that deal spin so fast so far outta shape? Ah hell I know the answer to that....i've been in the pit before....just regroup man, cut losses start over....

Tony

Staff member
lol, if I cut my losses, I wouldn't have anything left. But I'm trying. Not giving up yet. There may be a run that I'm going to take that can turn this around in about 5 weeks. I have to call tomorrow and see if i can get on it. If I can't, a buddy of mine already said he would give me his spot on the tour just to make some money. We will see what happens.

Heliman450

Hi Tony, it undoubtedly ranks as a worst ever birthday! All the best and good luck for getting it sorted asap.

Here's to many more unbirthdays to come!

Top Bottom