Old Newbie

James Dieckow

Howdy Folks, yes I am a native Texan and some what of a grumpy old (mid seventies) thumber. I started trying to fly control line back in the early 1950's and even carried that on while in the military stationed in Korea (when the Pueblo was taken). In the early 70's I worked in a hobby shop and tried to learn to fly with a non proportional radio (Galloping Ghost) whit no luck. I was married and had a child so finances were tight and didn't really go RC till the early 90's but have been going strong since then.
My main birds are profile 3D, full contact combat. streamer combat, then sailplanes both powered and winch.
My new hooks are programming the OpenTx Taranis and building some of the Flite Test dollar foam planes. I like the way the twins can do flat spins with the motor programming.
From what I have already see on this forum I like and I can agree with Tony about not worrying if a youngster gets on here and seeing adults arguing where there hands/minds ned to be washed out with soap.
Well, I wish y'all clear days and just enough breeze to keep the mosquitoes off .

Geena

Staff member
Hi James, and welcome to RC-Help. I think you`ll find this site to be a relaxing, laid back, and a drama free zone. We`re all like a great big family here, and I hope you enjoy RC-Held as much as we do. :)

Tony

Staff member
Hey James, welcome to the forum. Nice and friendly, just the way I like it lol.

Sounds like you have some experience in the hobby that a lot of people don't have. If you get a chance, post up some pictures of what you have collected so far.

:welcome1:

Top Bottom