old man from England

norman

hello Steve i am 70 years young and have been aeromodelling on and off for about 60years. I like building planes the old fashion way balsa and dope, but i was very interested in these new fangled foam planes. So i might have a go at the foam trainer, unfotunately i have the big C but i will not let it get in the way off my hobby, but i find this hobby makes me forget about my illness. regards norman

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Norman. If you build a plane and cover it in dope, I want to see it. I have not seen that method in a LONG time. Now, it's all monokote. Any questions, just post up. We are here to help.

:welcome1:

treff

Warm welcome Norman. Another old bugger here but still lovin this hobby. Not so many twists in the prop as your self but enough LOL

RMB677

Welcome to RCH Norman.
I also remember building planes of balsa and tissue, or silk when I could get some cheap. After a number of coats of "dope" the finish was like plastic. I don't think there are any shops in my area that still carry dope. Some places if you went in and asked about dope you might get the illegal kind, or arrested.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
welcome aboard Norman, I have some older models, however I think dope is older than mine ;) if you have any models with dope, or have some Photo's we would love to see and learn the ways of old :)

Top Bottom