Spektrum Ok, this ain't normal

trainrider06

What could be wrong here....
Servos seem slow, and throw seems minimal[video=youtube_share;RWVrMIFZ2ak]http://youtu.be/RWVrMIFZ2ak[/video]

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What could be wrong here....
Servos seem slow, and throw seems minimal[video=youtube_share;RWVrMIFZ2ak]http://youtu.be/RWVrMIFZ2ak[/video]

Hey traihrider, did you make sure on part B/C/D of the AR that the servo frequency are the right choice of Hz?

Tony

Staff member
I am going to agree with D.O.G. here. It sounds like you have them set on 50Hz. If those cyclics are Align servos, set them to 250Hz. If the tail servo is Align as well, set it to 333Hz. And all Align servos should have a centering of 1520μs.

trainrider06

Yes fellers, I sure did! Blue, blue, blinky blue.....my tail servo was doing the same thing...
Looked in radio, and gyro was set 50/50, changed that and got full throws, but it seems it's in rate mode (tail blades move and stays till you move em) I also discovered my DR/expo was 100/28 on 0 and 100/INH on 1. Maybe I should remind it....what should my settings bein DR/expo ????

Tony

Staff member
Actually, HH (Heading Hold) will hold the blades in one spot until you move the rudder stick. Rate mode will center the blades when you release the rudder stick.

When setting up the gyro, you MUST have 100% DR and NO expo. That way the gyro knows the correct throws.

Once you are done setting it up, my settings are as follows on the aileron and elevator channels. Rudder, I keep 100% DR and NO expo.

Position 0: 100%DR +35% Expo
Position 1: 85% DR +35% Expo
Position 2: 70% DR +35% Expo

If you only have a two position switch, you can omit one of those numbers.

trainrider06

Actually, HH (Heading Hold) will hold the blades in one spot until you move the rudder stick. Rate mode will center the blades when you release the rudder stick.

When setting up the gyro, you MUST have 100% DR and NO expo. That way the gyro knows the correct throws.

Once you are done setting it up, my settings are as follows on the aileron and elevator channels. Rudder, I keep 100% DR and NO expo.

Position 0: 100%DR +35% Expo
Position 1: 85% DR +35% Expo
Position 2: 70% DR +35% Expo

If you only have a two position switch, you can omit one of those numbers.

Wait now I am a little confused here....ok never mind...LOL but i am still getting very little movement and slooooow movement.....a guy over on runrider said I should not have had servos plugged in until after I set frequency's mine were plugged in....is this true? or should I go back over that step with servo's unplugged? Or do I have to re do the whole dang thing! I spooled it up in the garage, (too windy outside) servos still slow....am I looking for more movement than what these things put out being its a FBL unit or what?
PS: working on a plan for satellite receiver wire so in case I have to put another pic up you don't have a restless night of sleep Tony....hehe

Tony

Staff member
So back into menu L and see how fast they move in there. When the unit is initialized and ready to fly, it's going ot move slow because of the sport setting and the reduced roll and pitch rates.

And yeah, it's a good idea to have the servos unplugged until after you do the setup, but if it's already done, then there is no need to go into it again.

Also, go into your servo setup menu and make sure your servo speed has not been dropped from 100%.

trainrider06

"Also, go into your servo setup menu and make sure your servo speed has not been dropped from 100%."
....ok Blond moment here....where is this checked??? Radio? BEASTX???

Tony

Staff member
Okay then, disregard the speed comment lol. Unless you are using a DX6 and not a DX6i. The DX6 may have the speed function.

trainrider06

Ok went back through setup, started at G, all servos work correctly now! My only issue is the 6 degree's setting...I had to go to 7 to get blue light....set it back to 6 went to next step, all pitch ranges really went to town to like 30 with servo's buzzing, now have 12/12....in the manual it says if you can't get 6 change servo ball's etc....but it just said when it takes more to go back to 6 degrees and go on to the next step....but light was red.....what do I hafta do here?? i have no clue about servo balls shorter links etc as it said I do have the longer balls on my ail ele rods, but a short on on my pitch, or maybe I have that reversed pitch and aliron, and elevator with short one (back one) LOL

Tony

Staff member
When I had the 7200bx on my 600 Nitro, I could never get a blue light, no matter what I tried. I set it at 6º, moved on, and she was dead stable in the air.

trainrider06

When I had the 7200bx on my 600 Nitro, I could never get a blue light, no matter what I tried. I set it at 6º, moved on, and she was dead stable in the air.

yeah i read reread that part, till my eyes bled, it pretty much said if you couldn't get to 6 to mess with servo links etc, but it said if you go past knock it to six next step....strange. Ok now do I change my collective pitch settings in the radio or what?
What about throttle? do I mess with that?

- - - Updated - - -

had to look again....LOL here's what it said...
"4. If the pitch gauge has more than 6° of cyclic pitch, move the aileron stick in
the opposite direction until the pitch gauge is at 6°.
5. Release the aileron stick and press the setup button once."

Tony

Staff member
All pitch settings are going to be done in the gyro. And as I said, I never worried about it even on a nitro 600.

trainrider06

so just leave em in the radio set to linear correct? I just spooled it up in garage.....scary LOL figure I better wait till I get outside....too windy right now here.....

Tony

Staff member
Are you talking pitch curves and such? If so, you can change those AFTER you do the gyro setup. IU1 and IU2 should be linear, but Normal can be something like 46 48 50 75 100. Is that what you were talking about?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Going back to the blue light special. I had the same problem that Trainrider06 has. awhile back and Tony said the same thing," Forget the blue light as long you have 6 degree. The problem with me not getting the blue light special on with 6 degree was the surface that i put the heli on wasn't level. So i made a level platform to set my helis on and that worked fine for me. A little bit off can make the difference. Try it out. Can't hurt?

trainrider06

Are you talking pitch curves and such? If so, you can change those AFTER you do the gyro setup. IU1 and IU2 should be linear, but Normal can be something like 46 48 50 75 100. Is that what you were talking about?

yes both really, ok I'll fiddle with it when I can get it outside....right now she's just lookin so dang purdy! :)
i'm now a fan of FBL....this heli was really nice to set up once I got stupid outta my mind....lots better than the FB and all those links and adjusting this and that...what a pain! Makes me wanna take em all and kick em to the curb! LOL
May have to start looking for a 450 FBL heli now! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Going back to the blue light special. I had the same problem that Trainrider06 has. awhile back and Tony said the same thing," Forget the blue light as long you have 6 degree. The problem with me not getting the blue light special on with 6 degree was the surface that i put the heli on wasn't level. So i made a level platform to set my helis on and that worked fine for me. A little bit off can make the difference. Try it out. Can't hurt?

Hmm! i might need to get a level on this office desk here in my office and check that out! Thanks for the tip D.O.G!

- - - Updated - - -

And Tony...once again thank you for your priceless help! Your the Bomb!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
yes both really, ok I'll fiddle with it when I can get it outside....right now she's just lookin so dang purdy! :)
i'm now a fan of FBL....this heli was really nice to set up once I got stupid outta my mind....lots better than the FB and all those links and adjusting this and that...what a pain! Makes me wanna take em all and kick em to the curb! LOL
May have to start looking for a 450 FBL heli now! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm! i might need to get a level on this office desk here in my office and check that out! Thanks for the tip D.O.G!

- - - Updated - - -

And Tony...once again thank you for your priceless help! Your the Bomb!

To be all honest, Tony and all the RCH members are the bomb. I've been learning pretty much from everyone on this site. SOOOO shout out to all of use that help me out. Keep up the good work everyone. :arms:

Top Bottom