ESC Ok odd deal here...

trainrider06

Was setting up my HW ESC on the 450 Pro and went to arm the motor/set end points and for some reason it'll only arm after I flick TH on and off. Then arms, spools up. Also it doesn't shut the motor off all the way either when I lower the stick. Any idea's?

Smoggie

The problem can only be that TH is giving a lower throttle signal than the stick is giving. The ESC has calibrated itself to the TH signal so it sees the stick as a part open throttle. Check the monitor screen to see what actual output TH and closed throttle give.

The DX6i had a problem with this which is why i asked (but I think you are on a DX8?). The solution with the DX6i was to set the TH throttle % at +10%, then re-calibrate the ESC. I don't think you had to do that with the DX8 but i could be wrong, I never flew helis on my my DX8 so cant say for sure.

Other thing to check is that you havent got any funky mixes set up that make throttle output less than zero when TH is activated.

Smoggie

Yes it's a DX8, I looked on my monitor and it's at -98, so I trimmed it down to -100 will see if that works.

The important thing is not so much the absolute value, but to make sure than both 'throttle hold' and 'closed throttle stick' give the same value.

trainrider06

That did it Steve, she worked like a charm! :) should I go back through and do the end point procedure with it again?
Getting ready to do the governor setup on it if not.

Smoggie

probably it's ok as it is but it wouldn't do any harm to run through the ESC calibration routine again..

Top Bottom