General ok new question

Sparse

I got the wag out of the heli however still need help with the gyro issue, as far as head holding and rate mode go. I got the heli in the air and it wants to drift left bad. and the tail wants to drift right upon lift off and during spool up. whats the fix.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like your gain is a bit too low. Raise the gain until you get a wag again, then back it down 5% and you should be golden. Do this at your highest head speed for best results. Also, on your switch that you are using for the gyro (aux2 channel, not sure what switch if you have assignable switches), set one side of it as rate mode. Then, flip it back and forth and make sure your status light on the 3GX is red when in rate mode, and green when in HH mode.

I'm sure other peeps will give u better advice as I'm just a newbie but make sure all your servos are set to 90 and make sure your swash plate is level , I'm guessing that the swash plate isn't level as this would make the heli drift

- - - Updated - - -

Ha ha , that's exactly what I was thinking Tony lol

Sparse

man trust me my swash is level, I have ocd when it come to that stuff, that swash is level through the whole entire range of travel.

Sparse

the only one that is really assignable is the flight mode. cause the rudder is throttle hold. what do i do I dont want to land in iu and if i flip the switch i will be landing in rate mode if im correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha ha lol , yeeh me to Sparse , good luck bro , hope u get it sorted

its something simple. i will get it figured out. happy holidays bud.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Follow Tony's instructions and you will be fine. The 3GX! it seems to give our new fliers here some head scratching blues. just a note that the 3GX will remember your last stick input and is sometimes a challenge to lift off if you were to fiddle with the TX before flight. hope you get her in the air soon.

Top Bottom