Spektrum ok DX8 settings....

trainrider06

Alright I have been muddling through this DX8 programming starting with my Blade SR....
I'm not sure about what switches I should program where....also the 3 position switch how I should set my pitch/throttle curves up, Gyro and what switch for that? Can I assign that to the F-mode switch and run that and dual rates also?

Also I discovered my throttle hold switch is not functioning properly! I have to flick it 2-3 times back and forth to get it to work....not good! May have to move that to the gear switch I think....hate that cuz I am already trained on the right switch for that and its on the same side as the Fmode switch....:(

Tony

Staff member
I put the gyro on the gyro switch. Never did like it on the F Mode switch. After I complete the setup, I never touch the rudder gain again.

Pitch settings, I run a linear curve on all 3.

And are you sure you have the hold mode enabled in the F Mode menu?

trainrider06

Yeah I flicked the switch like 2-3 times and the hold finally worked...don't know if it's a bad switch or what...wonder how hard that is to replace? I sure don't wanna have to use some other switch....:(

This is on a FB heli, so linear on all for both FB and FBL? What about throttle linear also? What would I need to make it a little more hot roddish?
I gotta go back and re set up the head/servo's I think because the swash is waaaay high on this thing!

Tony

Staff member
Yup, linear on FB and FBL. When you land, you hit TH to keep from adding too much negative pitch. When taking off, first make sure you have a good ESC with a good slow start, then raise the throttle up to about 40% and turn TH off to start it spooling up.

Otherwise, run linear on 1 and 2 and on normal, run 46 48 50 75 100 to reduce negative pitch.

trainrider06

Yeah that's something I gotta figure out with the throttle hold, gotta get that switch fixed, don't want to chew up a heli while I am flicking the dang switch back and forth trying to cut the motor off.
This little SR is my experimental DX8 setup heli, after I get it going as good as it was on the DX6i I'll start on the others..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's something I gotta figure out with the throttle hold, gotta get that switch fixed, don't want to chew up a heli while I am flicking the dang switch back and forth trying to cut the motor off.
This little SR is my experimental DX8 setup heli, after I get it going as good as it was on the DX6i I'll start on the others..

Top Bottom