Micro Ohhhhh GHOSH!! now what!! ???

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
OK... this is ridiculous... enough human errors now... lol

got my main motor and shafts today... for my mcpx... well... i took the bearings from my msr and put it in this... the bearing are the same... I also oiled them up just a wee bit... also oiled the swash.. also bought a 300mah battery for it... well, I think the oil seeped in to the shaft or something... the shaft is a bit slippery... and i spooled it up.. the motor sounded perfectly fine.. and then, the heli started climbing when i lowere the throttle... kind of going out os sync... it is under control on higher throttle but goes a bit screwy on lower throttle.. .. i checked the main gear was a bit skipped out.. and ofcourse the oily shaft hasnt helped.. believe me i did not swab it with a blob of oil, it was just a wee bit.. well. i am guessing that the screwy pitch behaviour was because of the play the main gear developed, cause in my hand it ran perfect.. the gear might be changing the pitch relationship..

anywaz.... how to get oil off a carbon rod and how the heck to get the oil out of the inside of a micro bearing?? lol HELP

Tony

Staff member
the only thing that the main gear will do is reduce lift (positive only) and increase negative pitch. Just wipe off the shaft with some alcohol and you will be fine. If the main gear is really loose, you may have to CA it in place.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
It is making me nervous... I mean, the mcpx hasn't been flown ever since I found out motor was gone.. Till then all other responses were fine. I didn't keep this in heat... It has been inside all the time. So I am really not sure if the electronics are affected how?? And if it's the hardware.. Then what? Lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hello guys... i did use alchohol as suggested... it did make the oil go away and the gear to sit tight.. but the problem didnt go away.. then i got worried that the electronics are messing up... well.. i started taking it apart again... have an extra board so was thinking of putting that on there... but, now that i had it all apart, i wanted to test it with the same board.. i opened all servos and cleaned mechanics with alchohol... and then assembled them back to find out that the two os the servos had bind in their gears.... i replaced them with the ones on msr... the servos got smoother.. and i put it all together... it flew good.. no signs of pitching up... i am guessing due to the bind the FBL was overcorrecting it, and thus making it unstable when the binid released.. anywaz... was flying forward for a bit and hit a trashcan... lost a link.. got too dark.. so will test it tomorrow again... lets c how it goes....

Tony

Staff member
why not just find the cause of the binding? I would never fly the mcpx with the weak msr servos.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lol... Not the whole servo... Just the gears. They are identical on both servi mechanics... Just the pinion on the little motor and the drive gear for the servo arm. Heck!! I would beer put msr servos in mcpx! Lol

Top Bottom