250 Ohhh yeah. Orange flybar paddles.

zenmetsu

Yeah, those are ugly homebrew landing skids also. I got some aluminum stock and just cut/bent them to the correct dimensions. They are a lot more rigid than the align parts, perfect for my noob landings.

zenmetsu

I wish... KBDD is lame and they don't make 250 flybar paddles.
Even worse, they don't make orange ones for the Trex500. >.<)a

No, these are align. I sanded the mold flash from the paddles, painted them with fluorescent orange paint, then clear coated them. It added 0.04g to the overall weight, and I used clear coat to balance out the weights perfectly.

The tail blades are KBDD, I do love their products. Yay America!

- - - Updated - - -

The tail blades are rounded, if you look. I end up mowing grass, trimming trees, and breaking rocks with the things all the time. The leading edge at the tips always end up getting pulverized. I keep the grips really loose though, so I haven't mangled any belts yet.

Lee

I have some orange Trex 500 Paddles if you want them. I also have a box full of 250 spares. I'll never buy another one so they are just siting there collecting dust.

zenmetsu

250 spares, meaning tail blades? I might PayPal you some money to cover the purchase and shipping. Are they orange? The orange and yellow ones seem to show up best, but orange is easier for me to see against the sky.

If you are talking about spare 250 paddles, I never mess them up. Hell, I had the original EXI ones on there until I put these in place. The EXI ones were black and even had a set-screw to lock them to the bar. The align ones just seem to screw on and stay in place from friction. They stay put though, I almost think that they put a capsule filled with CA inside because when I went to back them out a bit to balance the distance between the paddles, I could not hold the flybar from rotating, even with vice-grips.

Top Bottom