Oh Dear...they've done it again

cml001

Put a yellow vertical fin on it & I like it... Not as pretty as a Gob, but I like the the back half and tail covered. Where did u see this?

Graham Lawrie

It was posted on Facebook. They wanted feedback. They're doing the same with the 450. It's a Goblin rip off to me

cml001

I can see the rip off too maybe... But I always thought the entire heli should be covered w no exposed frame... I don't kno... Doesn't look bad to me. I could do without all the lettering.. And add a colored fun to match..

Lee

Everyone wants to be like the Goblin.
Align, the new Avant Mostro, the micro 130X goblin canopies.
Just buy the real thing :D

wolfman76

ditto lee on the wantin to be a gobby part but it is kinda sexy only cuz I like goblins though...lol I really like that silver gobby though... which one did you get????

Lee

Yellow. I would like to see the white one in person, but i feel it would be horrible to see in the air.

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I like it; however, it's a Gobby with Align stickers. I like a fully covered heli, which is part of the reason I was drawn to the Goblins! Bottom line is just buy a Goblin!!!

Derek

Here is a cropped screen shot from the Align Corporation on Facebook. It says that the new style will be from 450's to 700's.

New 700s.jpg

New 700s.jpg

Admiral

My thought is that Align has just gone from an Industry leader to another follower, surely they could have developed something more unique.

pvolcko

JR is doing much the same thing, putting a wrap on the boom and a wrap around canopy. Not a fan. Also not sure what they're doing to provide boom support.

I'm still thinking these are photoshops. Maybe from Align, but photoshops. Something about them has an artificial look. And not seeing any seam between the boom and the canopy. Looks to perfectly aligned on the paint scheme.

I still like the traditional boom with supports look. Goblin is unique and deservedly should be able to remain so for a while more without "me too" copycats trying to crowd in.

My ideas? Take the Logo style molded frame and instead of wrapping a canopy around it, have skin sections that either snap into place or screw into place. Mounting them on the inside would be cool, create an exoskeleton look. Could do something similar on the boom maybe, with windows into it to see the torque tube or belt. Have the TT or belt with a design on it to create cool visual effects.

Come out with a speed heli that has landing skids that fold up tight to the belly plate.

Combo kits for dusk/night flying out of the box.

Actually make a 3GX people want to fly, once again. :)

Top Bottom