Official RCH Helicopter Pt.8 Flashing 3GX Firmware & Servo Setup

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Official Rch Helicopter Pt.8 Flashing 3gx Firmware & Servo Setup

Finally, we are getting somewhere with the RCH Heli. In this video, I figure out that we are running version 1.1 on the 3GX and then I show you how to flash it to version 1.2. Yes, we are also going to run version 2.1 and version 3.0, but all in due time. As stated in teh video though, I'm sure 3.1 will be out by then lol.

I will warn you, this video is over 20 minutes long and is pretty boring. But there is some good info in here.

Have a watch and enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;5g8iYVjWCNo]

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

JEXFIRE

I dig it! My 3gx is on 2.1 since i got it a couple months ago. So I'll have to update it. But I'm waiting on some parts still so it will have to wait. I swear, I'll have grandkids by the time I finish this darn heli lol

Tony

Staff member
I know the feeling bro. These videos were shot a long time ago and I'm just now getting them put on the forum. And I have not touched the heli in a long time. Still don't have everything to put it in the air. I'm thinking somewhere around March to May before I work on it again.

Tony

Staff member
Time and Money. Two things that I'm finding are VERY hard to come by here lately...

Westy

LEGEND
Fantastic video Tony! good of you to take the time to make it.

Just a quick trick for the newbies ..... to determine Exactly 50% pitch setting on the stick ... rather than looking at the stick and lining it up with the mark on the Transmitter.

Go into your STUNT 1 or IDLE UP Pitch curve (Radio Dependant) which should be 0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100

and you should move your pitch till you see on your digital radio in the Pitch curve screen .... 50 IN & 50 OUT (this is absolute digital representation of mid stick)

Top Bottom