600 O.S. 55hz-r engine trouble

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have a problem with my os55 hz-r when i start it up it runs fine but when i start to throttle up i get to almost mid stick the engine bogs down to just an idle! and there for i cant get off the ground. Ive tried adjusting lean to rich with the same results ive looked for leaks cant find any ive taken it out several times and cleaned it up . I have no clue has anyone had this problem ? or anyone know whats wrong?

murankar

Staff member
When was the last time you service the sleeve and ring? Basically hows the compression feel on it? Can you turn it by hand or is it tight?

Have you watched the throttle servo and you work the throttle? Make sure the servo is doing what its supposed to. If you think its a needle issue go back to factory break in settings and see if it will run. Beyond that I dont know what else to tell ya. Tony knows nitro way better than I do.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Do me a favor and take the blades (head and tail) off the helicopter and fire it up for me. Then, start the engine and point the camera to the throttle servo and arm on the carb so I can see both. Hearing it run nad watching it will give me a lot of info.

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
Do me a favor and take the blades (head and tail) off the helicopter and fire it up for me. Then, start the engine and point the camera to the throttle servo and arm on the carb so I can see both. Hearing it run nad watching it will give me a lot of info.

Thanks Tony give me a little time and I will do that!

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
When was the last time you service the sleeve and ring? Basically hows the compression feel on it? Can you turn it by hand or is it tight?

Have you watched the throttle servo and you work the throttle? Make sure the servo is doing what its supposed to. If you think its a needle issue go back to factory break in settings and see if it will run. Beyond that I dont know what else to tell ya. Tony knows nitro way better than I do.
Thanks muranker you have me thinking maybe the screw is loose on the horn connected to the carb I will check that first

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi Tony well i havent taken a video yet but i did start it up and looked at the throttle servo when i throttle up and it only moves to a certain point then stops , I shut the engine off but kept power to it moved the throttle up and down and the throttle servo works normal, so im guessing this is a governor issue i must have done something wrong on the set up! I have the align rce-g600 governor , do you have an idea what i could have done wrong or do you need me to still take a video? this thing is really confusing to me!
thanks Scott

trainrider06

Hi Scott, I don't know jack about setting up I assume is a fuel heli or plane, but maybe there is a setting in the radio that is limiting it? Like I said I know nothing of the setups on these, but maybe I can juggle your thinking to something maybe you'd forgotten on setup or something....:)

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi Rodney thanks i have been checking everything i can think of like settings i even recalibrated the throttle on the governor! I just dont have enough experience to figure it out lol nothing seems to work!!

murankar

Staff member
The first thing I would look at is the throttle servo first. Make sure the horn is center. If it is then look at travel limits. If those are good then I would look at the governor. I personally would remove the governor until you get this heli ready for maiden. While you have it on the bench take it off and work out the issues. Well not take it off just unplug it from the throttle port and put the throttle servo in its place. Once you get the radio, rx and servo working nicely then you can add in the governor. Then any issues you have from that point forward should be governor issues.

You can even do some hovering in the back yard without the governor. All you would need to do is rock the old v-curve. 90 90 80 90 90 or 85 85 75 85 85. Use what ever numbers you like but you get the idea.

Last edited:

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi Murankar i checked the servo center its good travel is good i unplugged the governor fired it up got it in the air so i believe its something i have done wrong in the governor set up but i have no idea what it is though any thoughts ?
Thanks Scott

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi Tony im not sure do you set the head speeds in the transmitter? in the governor menu if so i watched videos on that it said in normal mode it should be higher then idle 1 or two the video suggested to start at 66% is this correct ? or am i all wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

it just goes back to an idle

Lillyryan

Hei mate. Sounds like you need to check the governor is assigned to the correct channel. Once you know it is working and it he light comes on then try adjusting the end points in your tx. It's been an age since I used this governor but using Jr or Spektrum I think I had a value of about 70-80% which gave me about 1800 head speed. If the governor end points are to low, as soon as it starts working (which I think was above 30% throttle ) the governor will be cutting in but at a far to low rpm. Hope this makes sense lol

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
hey lillyryan i have a question i have the red black and white wire plugged into the throttle channel and the lone yellow plugged into aux 2 so i should assign the gov. to aux 2 correct? As far as the travel adjustments i have done that and recalibrated the throttle to the gov a cou[ple of times now! Also should the value be 70-80% in normal mode?

Lillyryan

When I was flying with a jr tx here is roughly what I would use in governor settings.
Norm 75%
St 1 80%
St 2 90%
And yes aux 2 should be assigned to governor function in your tx.

Hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't have a high enough setting in normal mode as soon as you get above 30% throttle the governor will cut in and drop the revs off.

smattext

Goblin 380 Supporter
When I was flying with a jr tx here is roughly what I would use in governor settings.
Norm 75%
St 1 80%
St 2 90%
And yes aux 2 should be assigned to governor function in your tx.

Hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't have a high enough setting in normal mode as soon as you get above 30% throttle the governor will cut in and drop the revs off.

OK here is what happened today i took normal mode all the way to 90% i got it to hoover but as soon as i got to a certain point i would say just past mid stick you could hear the head speed slow down! i switched to stunt 1 it was at 61% it didnt have enough power to stay in the air, isnt 90% alot for normal mode i know something is still wrong judt have no idea what it is

- - - Updated - - -

and by the way i am using a dx9 tx if that helps at all

Top Bottom