Notam/tfr issued for dalls/ftworth tx. 4/24and 4/25

heli-maniac

A FAA NOTAM/TFR has been issued for the greater Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX metropolitan area beginning at 6:00p on Wednesday, 4/24, and continuing until 1:45p CDT on Thursday, 4/25. The TFR is issued for security purposes to cover VIP movement in this area. Outdoor radio control model aircraft operations are prohibited within the 30nm circles for the specific times listed below. Control Line and Free Flight modelers should use discretion when operating within the TFR. Please note that TFRs are subject to change with very short notice. Check back often for the most current NOTAM/TFR information.

Timely alerts are also available on the web at: www.modelaircraft.org/membership/clubs/notams.aspx or on your cell phone at: Twitter.com/amagov.

See the link to the TFR below for more detailed information regarding the restrictions:

Map View of the Affected Area

See the link to the TFR below for more detailed information regarding the restrictions.

Area 1 (4/24, 6:00p – 9:00p CDT)
(30nm radius from Latitude: 32º52'26"N, Longitude: 96º48'37"W)
Excluding:
(3nm radius from Latitude: 33º12'08"N, Longitude: 97º11'53"W)
Excluding:
(3nm radius from Latitude: 32º49'11"N, Longitude: 97º21'45"W)
Area 2 (4/24, 6:00p – 9:00p CDT)
(9nm radius from Latitude: 32º52'26"N, Longitude: 96º48'37"W)
Area 3 (4/24, 8:15p – 4/25, 9:15a CDT)
(30nm radius from Latitude: 32º45'06"N, Longitude: 96º47'45"W)
Excluding:
Area 4 (4/24, 8:15p – 4/25, 9:15a CDT)
(10nm radius from Latitude: 32º45'06"N, Longitude: 96º47'45"W)
Area 5 (4/25, 8:15a – 1:45p CDT)
(30nm radius from Latitude: 32º50'50"N, Longitude: 96º46'20"W)
Excluding:
(3nm radius from Latitude: 33º12'08"N, Longitude: 97º11'53"W)
Excluding:
Area 6 (4/25, 8:15a – 1:45p CDT)
(10nm radius from Latitude: 32º50'50"N, Longitude: 96º46'20"W)

TFR - 3/3591

Regards

Government Relations Support Team

………………………………………

In a security zone (TFR) those monitoring the airspace must be able to tell friend from foe. In the case of unmanned aircraft there currently is no definitive way to do this, so the current procedure is to ground all unmanned aircraft within the TFR, including model aircraft.

AMA is currently working with FAA’s Special Operations Security division along with the National Aeronautic Association (NAA) and the other sport aviation groups in an effort to obtain relief for our members and the aero sport community in general from the effect of TFRs.

AMA recently achieved a small victory in clarifying the intent of restrictions on model aircraft. Previously the NOTAMs spoke to prohibiting “model aircraft” operations within the TFR. This left unclear whether this included control line and free flight activities. AMA sought clarification from the Special Operations Security Center (SOSC) and was able to get this issue resolved and the language in the NOTAMs changed. The language in TFRs now refers to “radio controlled model aircraft”, a small concession but a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the federal government and national security the wheels turn very slowly. AMA suspects it may be some time before we see any significant relief, and we may not see any real change until there is a change for the better in the global political environment.

………………………………………
US NORTH TEXAS PEOPLE CANT FLY ANY UNMANNED AIRCRAFT DO TO OBAMA COMING TO WEST TEXAS
HERE IS THE MAP
AND I LIVE IN WATAUGA
AND GABA IS IN PLANO
http://02b954f.netsolhost.com/amatfr.html

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
suckage!!!!!!!!! thanks for posting... :)

luckily it is badweather for next few days.. they better not xtend to saturday lol

murankar

Staff member
Ha I am not affected by this. i think i'll charge up and fly. who knows i just might go to the air field and check it out.

murankar

Staff member
Cold, I just left South Korea. We had darn near sub 30's when I was learning to get my EXI off the ground. But now that I am in Texas and enjoying the great weather till now I think I'll fly. Maybe a vid to follow. Oh yeah I also have almost 35 years of Northeast ohio weather experience. Let me tell ya, not fun at all when the Alberta clippers come off the lake.

Top Bottom