Not sure what hit me...

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
as the title states, I'm not sure what hit me.

For the past few months i've been thinking of a getting a 600 class helicopter, most likely a Chaos. Around a month ago it changed to a goblin 630, and a warp 360... i started preparing the forces of piggy banks to handle such a blow. Zoom ahead 5 days ago, I was already to buy my birds when something hit me...

What happened?

I think a brick, or a book, or perhaps a bar of metal hit me while sleeping. Imagine me waking up out of bed and looking around with a hypnotized look in my eye wondering where, and what i was. Yes sounds crazy, but yet I feel very odd. Perhaps it just the Fall air getting to me, with it's beautiful smell of fungus (yes it does smell very nice.)

The after affect.

The sad effect of this whole incident is I've lost the fire, the burning, the love, the passion of RC. Yes as weird as it may sound, it is true, I no longer feel the urge to buy a goblin 630, or a warp 360. My army of piggy banks are falling apart again.

What to do next.

I will not sell any of my RC stuff. I don't think i will get anything new, so yes no 630, or 360... at least till another change of thought occurs. Though it might sound sad, I kinda hope this change of thought is here to stay (RC was getting WAY to expensive, even more if i were to go FBL.)

In conclusion;

I would like to say thank you for your support for me and this wonderful and $$$ hobby, I hope that someday I will find a way for both RC and this new change of mind can work together in harmony, and create a thriving environment for me to study, and have fun in. Thanks for the ride, it's been fun, and i hope someday to come back for more.

Yours ever truly Chris, or in full, Christian.

P.S. This is not a joke ;)

Oh yes, I think I may still surf, and help this forum (and other forums i'm a part of) in the ways that I can, to try to repay the amount of Priceless information I've gotten.

UPDATE.

I found out that this is worse than it first seemed. It's not just RC, sadly, all of my hobby's for some reason don't appeal anymore. Something tells me that it wasn't a brick, I think it was a anvil.

Last edited:

Derek

Ya know, Chris...this type of thing does happen. It's natural. Good luck to you in your ventures, keep coming around the forums, and who knows...you may take to the skies again. If not....I'm sure you've got tons of stories to tell of your experiences.

idon'tknow!

Ya know, Chris...this type of thing does happen. It's natural. Good luck to you in your ventures, keep coming around the forums, and who knows...you may take to the skies again. If not....I'm sure you've got tons of stories to tell of your experiences.

Thanks Derek! I knew it happened, and I've had it before, only last time was such a over night shock... it was a slower build up. I could explain what the new frame of thought is, but it would take long to explain.

Lee

I'm sure after a couple of months off, you'll look at that heli and want to fly it again. If not, good luck and say hi once in a while. :D

idon'tknow!

thanks all for the kind words! I hope there is a way to do this in the future, but for now, it will be put on hold... I'm not declaring open retiring, but it might go to that soon. Thanks for all the fun!

Karubah

It,s funny how the brain works at times, it must keep on churning away while your asleep.

I know I was about to give it up at one stage due to the cost of repairing heli,s. I switched to quads and now Tri,s and planes , they are a lot of fun and a lot easier on the pocket.

Good luck Chris in whatever your next venture is and hope to see you back here soon.

Good luck with the new ventures Christian!
Hope that it all comes together in the end!
I know I've thought about giving up my hobbies, or at least putting them on hold, as they are all so damn expensive.... for me something or someone keeps drawing me back in.
Good luck with your future endeavors and hope to see you around on the forum again soon

idon'tknow!

It,s funny how the brain works at times, it must keep on churning away while your asleep.

I know I was about to give it up at one stage due to the cost of repairing heli,s. I switched to quads and now Tri,s and planes , they are a lot of fun and a lot easier on the pocket.

Good luck Chris in whatever your next venture is and hope to see you back here soon.

Yeah sure is funny, this is about the strangest one yet. Hopefully I will at some point in time get the bug again.

Good luck with the new ventures Christian!
Hope that it all comes together in the end!
I know I've thought about giving up my hobbies, or at least putting them on hold, as they are all so damn expensive.... for me something or someone keeps drawing me back in.
Good luck with your future endeavors and hope to see you around on the forum again soon

Thanks, I hope it's just a short hold in one half of my mind, but if you see a everything must go for sale thread from me, well I guess you will know what happened :)

I might report back in this thread after a good deal of time pass's, and post what I'm thinking of as far as the future of RC for me. Thanks again all, I hope this isn't a goodbye thread, but it could very easily turn into one.

Tony

Staff member
Hey, we all hit these times. I hit this same time about a year and a half ago, put the forum up for sale, sold everything I could ready to fully get out of the hobby. I'm talking I had nothing left. I was looking at the RCH trainer that I first built, and it hit me, I really wanted to go out and fly just to forget about all of the crap that is going on in my life. But I couldn't. Sold my Tx, sold my heli's, sold my Rx's, everything, gone.

Slowly I purchased everything again, but better. Cost me a LOT of money, but I was back in the hobby, and from there, this forum has exploded. I'm glad that I didn't leave the hobby.

Your doing the right thing by keeping the heli's, you will want to get back into it at some point. And when you are ready, we will be right here.

Whirlybird

Chris, my first start in this hobby (before electric motors) came to a halt 33 years ago, when kids started coming along, and life was getting busier. Got back in a little over 3 years ago (things are a lot cheaper now). So you just take whatever path is before, and if that leads back to flying RC eventually, so much the better :) Best of luck in whatever you need to accomplish :hdbng:

Last edited:

idon'tknow!

Hey, we all hit these times. I hit this same time about a year and a half ago, put the forum up for sale, sold everything I could ready to fully get out of the hobby. I'm talking I had nothing left. I was looking at the RCH trainer that I first built, and it hit me, I really wanted to go out and fly just to forget about all of the crap that is going on in my life. But I couldn't. Sold my Tx, sold my heli's, sold my Rx's, everything, gone.

Slowly I purchased everything again, but better. Cost me a LOT of money, but I was back in the hobby, and from there, this forum has exploded. I'm glad that I didn't leave the hobby.

Your doing the right thing by keeping the heli's, you will want to get back into it at some point. And when you are ready, we will be right here.

Thanks for the kind words Tony... it seemed the best thing for me to do. Only i've run into one small problem, I don't know where to put all my RC stuff in the mean time.

Chris, my first start in this hobby (before electric motors) came to a halt 33 years ago, when kids started coming along, and life was getting busier. Got back in a little over 3 years ago (things are a lot cheaper now). So you just take whatever path is before, and if that leads back to flying RC eventually, so much the better :) Best of luck in whatever you need to accomplish :hdbng:
thanks! I hope this doesn't lead to me having to get rid of my stuff, but if i can't find storage for it, I might just have to pass it on.

Top Bottom