Not new to the hobby.

ChopDrifter

Hey guys,

I'm not new to the hobby, I've been drifting in and out of the hobby, more than you can poke a stick at.. I
keep telling my self this hobby is a money pit, and I leave, then I come back again. I know it's been said before by many people, so this is nothing new. I hope I can stick around for a long time this time around.

ChopDrifter.

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure most of us here are in the same boat lol. I know I am lmao. Get into the hobby, love it, but then realize just how much money you are spending so you take a break. But it is always sitting in the back of your mind and you get to a point where you really want to do it again lol. Yup, been there a few times myself.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

Admiral

Hi CD welcome to the forum, a lot of us in the elder age bracket have drifted in and out of the hobby multiple times, but it's always new and fresh when you come back. First time I left (because I discovered girls LOL) RC was in its infancy when I came back a few years later everybody was fly RC.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:) Absolutely right about being a money pit but I look at it like entertainment. When you pay for cable, phone and internet, that's a money pit but you pay. Cigarette,beer and a nite out, is a money pit but you pay. I enjoy flying and tinkering, sometimes, Lol and we all know it's a money pit, but we pay. So if you want to play you need to pay but I just budget it into the rest of my bills so it doesn't look so bad :(

Geena

Staff member
Hi CD, and welcome aboard. I`ll agree with everyone in saying that the hobby is a money pit. But It`s a fun money pit.. :D

Smoggie

Hi CD,

I've been in and out of the hobby over the years too. If you have been out for a while the electric revolution will probably be the biggest change, but you can still fly old school glow (nitro) if you like.

I think it's a hobby that you can spend what you want. One of the other changes in recent years is the influx of very cheap RC products from China. Some of this stuff is actually decent quality so if you go that route the hobby can be quite cheap. Of course if you get into the top of the range stuff it's as expensive as it ever was, maybe more so, but at least you have a choice these days.

Top Bottom