nose in at last

taizi

just wanted to share my enjoyment of actually flying "nose in" at last
in the past couple of weeks since my teaching ended for the summer break i have been able to fly 3-4 times a day, and ive been slowly working on my side on flight which has been great since i got my heli setup so it hovers in one place without much stick input, i realised that it was just my own confidence that was stopping me from turning the bird round so it faces me, because i know i can do it from flying my mini 4ch heli, so i took the plunge last week and steadied little rex up and gently eased it round to face me, and to my amazement i was suddenly hovering "nose in", so i have practised this everytime ive flown since, barring a few minor problems that ive had (had to change servos and the motor pinion gear keeps spinning on the motor shaft) but my confidence has increased ten fold,
so this is just a little hope story for anyone who is just starting out, once you have a good heli with more importantly "GOOD SETUP" your confidence with grow very fast and you can stop shaking at the sticks, but remember baby steps and everything in your own time, im still flying with training kit which i will take off soon

good luck everyone

Tony

Staff member
Congratulations! It's a weird feeling at first, then it just becomes second nature after a while. Keep it up and try to get some video up here for us all to see.

As for the motor pinion, try to take a file and put a flat spot on the shaft, then use some blue thread lock on the grub screw. this should stop all issues you are having with the motor pinion.

taizi

thanks Tony, and yeah thats the next step with the motor but im also trying to order a new motor,esc and servos for the little beast, getting rid of the cheapy parts lol

Tony

Staff member
I thought you were running an Align helicopter? Do you not have Align electronics on it? Just asking ;)

taizi

not align electronics , i have an esky motor and esc, which are off an old king bee so changing to what i can afford which will be towerpro mg90s servos and tarot 250 esc/ motor but the metal moving parts are align, it is abit of a frankinstien lol
on a tight budget cos i have wife and 1 yr old son , however gonna get something good when i save up enough, just looking at guai helis instead of align what do you think? guai or align

Tony

Staff member
I don't know much about Gaui so I can really say. But from what I have seen on my Align, I'm sold!

Lee

Well done Taizi. Its a great feeling when you first look at the nose of your heli. :D

taizi

thanks Lee, yeah its a good feeling nose in it means more fluid flight is around the corner, i have had a couple of mishaps but that ive put down to bad servos, longish story but in short i had towerpro sg50 servos that got a little too hot when i tried to fit my kds and had to replace the tail servo but it had also damaged the ele servo aswell, ive swapped them out for the servos off my cp3 till i can get new ones, it flies ok now but its not perfect

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i know what you mean Tony, ever since i took up this hobby ive thought that align were the helis to go for, they are great looking and fly great, gotta admit im kinda sold on the idea of having a trex450, i just dont know which one, i was looking at getting a tarot450 body then putting all align servos,esc,motor etc. because im on a budget its works out alot cheaper than buying the align , or getting the real deal maybe the sport model then turning it to fbl and so on,
problem is now ive seen the Guai helis and i can get them over here and i noticed last night that they are made by the Germans meaning their quality is going to be real good, the prices of their helis would suggest that aswell as they are about 1000rmb (160 USD) more per class size, so maybe i have alot of saving to do and even more research, but align at present still looks the favourite

Top Bottom